Interactive Broker negative account balance EUR/CHF customer group...

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by EURCHF, Jan 30, 2015.

1. 1) Because they can
    2) Because people believe them

#51     Feb 20, 2015
  2. mikeman

mikeman

They advertise they have an automated system in place to prevent margin calls. But in this situation it didn't or couldn't work. It seems unfair to lay the cost onto the clients for this very unusual event that resulted in traders and them seemingly not being able to get out of the trade. Perhaps they should concentrate on the 100 million, ten large futures traders oversees and leave the "little guys" from having to consider bankruptcy under these circumstances as many other brokers have decided to "forgive" negative balances. If they don't want to make a policy that sets a precedent just don't pursue the 25 million of losses in the US. IMO.

#52     Feb 24, 2015
  3. snbIB

snbIB

Has anyone had any success in negotiating a fair outcome with Interactive Brokers?

#53     Mar 17, 2015
  4. I still haven't received any info from IB, after sending in my formal complaint over a month ago.

#54     Mar 17, 2015
  5. mikeman

mikeman

Have your lawyer write
    David M. Battan
    Executive Vice President
    Legal/Compliance
    Interactive Brokers Group
    1725 I Street, N.W.
    Suite 300
    Washington D.C. 20006

#55     Mar 18, 2015
  6. What should be the objective of a formal complaint? Does it somehow alter IB's course of action?

#56     Mar 18, 2015
  7. mikeman

mikeman

Wouldn't it depend on your situation. Stops, etc. What action has IB taken against you?

#57     Mar 18, 2015
  8. None at all at this point. It's just an auto liquidation issue for me.

#58     Mar 18, 2015
  9. mikeman

mikeman

Do you want money back or erase or reduce a negative balance? If you feel you aren't being treated fairly and your broker isn't responding then you can go forward with an arbitration which in my case would have cost me 25k to 100k, or complain to Commodities Futures Trading Commission on there web site.

#59     Mar 18, 2015
  10. Ok thanks mikeman. I'll pursue those avenues.

#60     Mar 18, 2015