Interactive Broker 1099

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by hoodooman, Feb 20, 2012.

1. I tried to retrieve my 1099 from their site but it down loaded in code.
    When I call the responder was surprised but couldn't help me.

Can someone tell me what the problem is and how to solve it?
    Also has anyone else had this problem?

2. If you have Adobe Acrobat installed or maybe some office drivers, worst case do print to file from the browser and save in pdf or other format.

I often have to do that on some sites.

3. Thanks COMENTEL. I'll try it but why would IB do that mess in the first place?

4. It may work in some browsers or under some Windows configurations.

IB does not test enough across all browsers and that is also true of other brokers. Tradestation is one of the worst - their forums will only work on IE.

5. I use firefox for IB exclusively. The TWS won't even down load on Chrome.??????

6. I had no problem downloading and printing the 1099 from IB's website. Try retrieving it on another computer.

7. What happens is that various programs can set their own file associations for .pdf etc. in both Windows and in browsers, so the various combinations can lead to grief.

If you newly installed Chrome it needs to have the Java plugin installed to run TWS directly.

8. Great advise. Thank you all.

9. sprstpd

sprstpd

I use Chrome and when I saved the pdf from IB using Google's built-in pdf reader, it created an invalid pdf file. You can disable the built-in reader if you go to "about: plugins".

10. Thanks for the reply. When I use chrome, I can't get into any of the options like TWS or tax forms, much less download anything.

#10     Feb 21, 2012