Intelligent Design

Discussion in 'Politics' started by thunderbolt, Oct 18, 2002.

1. The human brain is the most complicated structure in the known universe. It contains over 100 billion cells, each with over 50,000 neuron connections to other brain cells. This structure receives over 100 million separate signals from the total human body every second. If we learned something new every second of our lives, it would take three million years to exhaust the capacity of the human brain. In addition to conscious thought, people can actually reason, anticipate consequences, and devise plans - all without knowing they are doing so. And people want you to believe that this just happened by chance. It takes more faith to believe there's no creator than there is to believe there is one--and his name is Jesus. You atheists just simply don't make good sense with those 100 billion cells.

BOLT:D

2. A living cell is so awesomely complex that its interdependent components stagger the imagination and defy evolutionary explanations. A minimal cell contains over 60,000 proteins of 100 different configurations. The chance of this assemblage occurring by chance is 1 in 104,478,296 .

3. bolt,

i would surmise that the chance of a cell assembling randomly is way way more than the figure you quoted. my guess would be soemthing like 1 to 5,000,000,000,000,000,000 to the 10th power. in other words IMPOSSIBLE.

best,

surf:)

4. Ditto, my friend.

5. JEEE SUS KEEEEEE RICE-ST U RR PRUUF OF A DIS STINK LAK OV IN TELL I GENT DEEE SIGNS!! HA HA

6. all rational people (you know who you are), PLEASE, PLEASE do not reply to this thread. PLEASE.

7. To deny or discount the first post on this thread would make you "irrational". So, daniel, don't refer to yourself as "rational" but rather "delusional" or "one who denies the obvious" or "blind" or "intentionally absent minded" or "one who rejects what they don't want to hear". You know, something along those lines. To be rational is to be able to reason, and you sir haven't that attribute.

8. stu

stu

ok

9. ok daniel_m

10. Thunder,

Quantum theory suggests that anything that can happen will, and it will branch off into other universes. So, in effect, the most impossible things are occuring right now, just perhaps not in this universe. The problem of life not being given enough time to evolve from the poor probabilities of life is neatly solved by the fact that there could be infinite universes.

#10     Oct 19, 2002