Intelligent Design struck down in Federal Court

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Dec 20, 2005.

1. Interspecies change, or adaptation is an observable fact.

So?

This actually denotes what? That species are adapatable.

Okay.

Why is that?

Well, must be their "nature" then...

Okay.

So organic biological species have a nature to adapt, to survive.

Why is that?

By a random ignorant chance they have this nature, or by design?

Where does this "natural" internal drive for an organism to survive come from?

They have to create some "theory" of what is obvious...and the obvious is that we don't know why nature is the way it is.....

So why the need to teach kids in public schools that nature is either by design or by chance?

Teach fact, leave the theory out of it.

#41     Dec 20, 2005
  2. What's the difference between intra- and inter-species evolution?

Unless you can distinguish between the two with some scientifically verifiable test, then there is no difference, and proof of one kind of evolution therefore proves the other.

#42     Dec 20, 2005
  3. What's the difference between intra- and inter-species evolution?

You don't know?

#43     Dec 20, 2005
  4. In my view, there is no difference between the two concepts, therefore proof of one, necessarily proves the other.

So, I ask again, what is the difference between intra- and inter-species evolution?

#44     Dec 20, 2005
  5. So if in your view there is no difference, why ask the question of someone else?

You are free to state your opinion without the complication.

#45     Dec 20, 2005
  6. In order of your questions:

1) Quantum Mechanics and physical chemistry

2) Your opinion

3) The guesses, if one must call it that, are educated. I would take it anyday over revelation.

4) ....What are you saying here?

5) Nature of the universe. You got me.

6) To deprive children of one of the great modern scientific ideas is a shame.

7) "Assuming it hasn't changed"........It is difficult to envision the day when Deoxyribonucleic Acid is understood
    as something other than a self replicating instruction set. Kuhn is over. The end of science is upon us.

#46     Dec 20, 2005
  7. Taking an educated "guess" for a fact of life is still a guess on a guess....

Not saying it is a right or wrong guess, a right or wrong belief, but indoctrination of a guess is still just propagation of a belief system, and constitutes a dogmatic imposition on a young mind that is still open to finding its own way.

#47     Dec 20, 2005
  8. Ricter

Ricter

Hi Kj *wave*

#48     Dec 20, 2005

9. intra-species----- within same species change, mutations, survival of the fitest, etc

inter-species--- one species turning into another species.

there is a clear difference.

surfer

ps. i am surprised to hear such a question from you, aren't you a barrister??

#49     Dec 20, 2005
  10. You state that there is a clear difference between the two forms of evolution, however you have yet to define the term "species."

What is a "species?"

#50     Dec 20, 2005