Intelligence? Talent? No, the ultra-rich got to where they're thru luck & brutality

Discussion in 'Economics' started by RewriteQuran, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

She makes 6 million per year on her own. She has/had books (bestseller), parfume, bag designer line, jewelry line, modeling, films, music CD, TV show.

She also threw in a free sextape, just for your pleasure.

Hard working girl, I say... I bet you are not that multitalented... :)

#41     Nov 17, 2011
  2. Humpy

Humpy

Use the Reagan principle if you have got money and little talent.

#42     Nov 17, 2011
  3. MKTrader

MKTrader

He said "most" wealthy work for it. All the airheaded celebs + worthless fund managers + other "lucky" rich = a tiny, tiny fraction of all the wealthy people.

Also, some celebs may not really be talented musicians/actors/etc. but have actually worked very hard and are very clever at marketing. Gene Simmons comes to mind. Technically, he's not a great bass player, but is a smart businessman who avoided drug abuse and other traps that could've destroyed his wealth.

#43     Nov 17, 2011
  4. They all should have known and lived by my Grandpa's Wisdom...

"The world doesn't owe you a living. Make something of yourself".

"If you plan on eating, you gotta work"...

Of course, those were the days before politicos bought people's votes with other people's money.

#44     Nov 17, 2011
  5. I wonder whether she is really talented or just capitalizing on her name and fame... ??

We may never know for sure (why should we care, anyway?)... but if people are buying her stuff for whatever reason, more power to her.

#45     Nov 17, 2011
  6. rew

rew

+10

#46     Nov 17, 2011
  7. Interesting observation.
    Heck, if I made a sex tape, no one would buy it !
    In fact, everyone says I'm too old for sex....but I still get that "tumescent glow" in the morning.
    (BTW: that was from a movie line...anyone remember it ?).

#47     Nov 17, 2011
  8. 15-second infomercial? :D

#48     Nov 17, 2011
  9. luisHK

luisHK

Remind me never to befriend you... Do you always hit on the people close to you ??

:(

#49     Nov 17, 2011
  10. daybyday

daybyday

Did you know that 3 out of 2 people have trouble with fractions?:p

#50     Nov 17, 2011