Intelligence? Talent? No, the ultra-rich got to where they're thru luck & brutality

Discussion in 'Economics' started by RewriteQuran, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Does your small company produce lollipops?:)

#31     Nov 17, 2011
  2. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_privilege
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oligarchy

#32     Nov 17, 2011
  3. Most wealthy folks worked hard to get it. Most people who work hard will never be wealthy or even, frankly, much above average.

#33     Nov 17, 2011
  4. CORRECTAMUNDO! I've been paid back only ONCE myself, so I don't lend to "friends" any more either. Same goes for family.

#34     Nov 17, 2011
  5. "Working hard" isn't the only component. Usually must work hard at something which has the potential to pay off big.... and that usually means doing something that most cannot or will not do.

#35     Nov 17, 2011

6. Steve Jobs had it's inspiration during the erotic hours at night

#36     Nov 17, 2011
  7. dtan1e

dtan1e

how u know?

#37     Nov 17, 2011
  8. Paris Hilton ?

#38     Nov 17, 2011
  9. Exactamundo.
    Bottomline: you gotta know when real opportunity knocks; gotta keep your head in the game during the tough times.

What really sucks in life is when you find an opportunity, work hard, and then discover it wasn't such a great opp after all. Then later, a really good one comes along and you say to yourself "Why should I work hard ?....it's probably going to be like the last one"....
    and then you end up blowing a great opp !

#39     Nov 17, 2011
  10. Anything can pay off big if you are smart enough and determined enough. You can become filthy rich selling toothpicks if you really want to. You get out of something what you put into it. The sad thing is now a days no one wants to put effort into anything it's all about what can you give me or what can I steal from you....too many lazy dishonest people with no morals want everything handed to them.

#40     Nov 17, 2011