Intelligence Analysts Say War Spread Terrorism

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ktmexc20, Sep 24, 2006.

1. Pabst

Pabst

That's the bottom line. Certainly the demise of the Baathists has further destabilized Iraq. However for you twentysomethings who get your news off of Yahoo, I'll clue you in on something. Even BEFORE the invasion, Baghdad would routinely suffer 5000 murders a year. That's a HUGE number by ME standards (or even SA standards). Considering that little of it was rival crack gangs duking it out you can surmise that much of the killing even when Saddam was still in power, was sectarian in nature. Crime in Iraq just wasn't newsworthy by the Western media until 2003. Today it is. If A (sectarian violence) occurred before B (U.S. troops in Iraq) then it's difficult to quantify my how much, or if at all, B causes A.

I doubt the motive for a nun being murdered in Somalia is U.S. or Israel related.

#11     Sep 25, 2006
  2. I agree. It's a difficult predicament. Honestly, I don't feel the dems are strong or unified in their position; which is their underlying political problem. I also don't believe the party is advocating "cut and run". This is a moniker the republican polarization team placed on them. I think they are more for a political solution because a military one could very well be making the situation worse. I think that position has been demonstrated factually.

As I said it's a very tough predicament. Somethings I do know are this:

• The neocons have been itching to invade Iraq since the '90s as per their documented doctrine.
    • President Bush claimed several times during his first election campaign, that (paraphrase): "if Sadam were to so much as slightly step out of line, there would be hell to pay, and he (Sadam) knows what that means."
    • The dems did not scrutinize Bush's will to go to war... Something that everyone is paying for in regards to it.
    • The situation in Iraq is much worse today than after the fall of Baghdad. That is directly Bush's administration's fault.
    This is what I personally believe as is un-argumentative. Otherwise let me know.

#12     Sep 25, 2006
  3. Full on nonsense.

There have been plenty of plans, including John Kerry's plan to send more troops in 2004 when he was running for president to help stabalize the Iraq.

Doh!

AAA, you are really one of the blindest partisans I have ever seen.

You really shoudl get paid to be a talking head on Fox News...

#13     Sep 25, 2006
  4. Kerry had a plan? News to me. He kept saying how much better he would run things, kind of like Clinton did I guess.

Serious people debate ideas. Democrats hurl mud. That's why they can't be trusted with the country's security. It's perfectly obvious to most voters.

#14     Sep 25, 2006
  5. More blather.

Serious republicans?

LOL!

Serious about smear tactics, that's for sure...

#15     Sep 25, 2006
  6. Artie21

Artie21

American military in Iraq has no doubt produced a large number of jihadists. They flocked to Iraq to join forces with the Sunni insurgency.

However, the American military action in Iraq has no doubt compelled actions from Saudi, Kuwaiti, Jordanian, Egyptian, authorities to suppress jihadist and terrorist activity.

The Iraqi adventure has been marred by a false premise for invasion and the subsequent incompetent and politicized administration of the occupation. Bush's legacy there is already one of incredible incompetence.

Unfortunately, it will be up to the next administration to clean up his mess. And Bush knows this.

The Republicans have distorted the language of the debate over Iraq by branding anything unBush in Iraq as "cut and run". And the same dummies who voted Bush into the White House are nodding thier heads saying,"Yep".

The good news and the bad news: In 2 years we will have another ex-president Texan clearing brush on his ranch after leaving the country in a Texas size pile of shit.

#16     Sep 26, 2006
  7. [​IMG]

#18     Sep 26, 2006
  8. chimpboy got caught with his pants down... trying to screw the country while helping his buds at haliburton. The neocons as always are shit in their pants and he took advantage of those morons and got us into the quagimire in Iraq. Instead of accepting responsibility, what does the chimpboy do... he blames others... so typical of the klansmen.

#19     Sep 27, 2006
  9. Id like to say something, in response to all of this...........
    But i cant, its so infantile and ridiculous.
    Ok, heres the deal-ill bet anyone, a $tenner , just on principle, that come 2015, dubya will be regarded as possibly the worst disaster to have occured anywhere, in any sphere of politics , ever.

Excluding the council of carthage, the trojans, and the vichy french.

Come to think of it, these groups were actually brave patriots for the most part, so forget that.

Provide some examples of opportunistic CRAP that equals dubyas efforts, and you could pick up a tenner.
    And it could be hundreds, maybe even enough to maybe buy a beer, by 2015.

#20     Sep 27, 2006