Intellectual dishonesty of the right wing

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Sep 13, 2008.

1. You don't have the background to discuss these issues intelligently. Criminal law, including murder, is properly a state issue.

What is your point, that alabama can criminalize abortion in the other 49 states?

#11     Sep 14, 2008
  2. Actually murder is termed a principle of "dual sovereignty."

Ie. the federal government and/or the state has jurisdiction depending on the circumstances.

And yes, it is reasonable that the Supreme Court rules on what they belief abides by the constitution -- ever since Marbury v. Madison -- remember they are an branch equal in power to the executive and equal in power to the legislative branch.

Frankly, I can't wait until we execute the first woman who gets an abortion. Then our democracy will be safe from these criminals who think that a clump of cells isn't a human being.

In other news, I'm going to fill my belly on a tiny piece of grain, because it's a loaf of bread.

#12     Sep 14, 2008
  3. Typical BS from the right.

Go ahead and lie and tell us that the right wing doesn't believe abortion is murder.

Who gives a shit. You are your ilk are among the most intellectually dishonest people I have ever seen in my entire life.

All the right does is function from one principle...and that is the the end justifies the means. That is all they do, nothing else. There is no other principle involved.

Then you have the audacity to blame the liberals for an attempt to use the principle that you live your lives by?

Go ahead, lie and tell us abortion is about states rights, not about your belief that abortion is murder.

Who the hell do you think you are fooling? The right is completely transparent, all someone has to do is take the blinders off and think the situation through clearly to see it.

I listen to Hannity, Limbaugh, read Coulter, and the arguments are nearly all based in logical fallacy and rationalizations because they want to promote their own beliefs, based on self righteousness and their own spin on Christianity...and they will justify doing anything as okay as long as it brings them near the goal.

The more people call the right wing on their crap, demonstrate logically how they actually work, how their agenda is hidden yet obvious, the more angry they will become. You go into full on attack mode, simply because you cannot address the argument I have put forth in a logical manner. You know internally what is going on, and it really pisses you off when people reveal the underbelly of "states rights" crap.

When the supreme court ruled in favor of Bush, and against states rights in Florida in 2000...you were as mute about the issues of Florida states rights as a church mouse.

It is like this whenever it boils down to issues and principles. If the decisions made by a court favor your agenda, it is fine, but when they run counter to your agenda then you cry foul.

The right is so morally bankrupt it is beyond belief. If there were an ounce of principle displayed in a logically and morally consistent manner I could give you some credit, but that's not what I see.

I see rationalization, lies, spin, dishonesty, self righteous indignation, and pure logical fallacy.

People are afraid to get down to the real core of the issues, because when you finally do that, when you reach the core...where is there to go?

Why don't you just have the balls to be honest about it?

You think abortion is murder and you want to outlaw it for everyone in America, and for the entire world if you had the power to do so...

#13     Sep 14, 2008
  4. Exactly. It's the most phony issue imaginable. It would be akin to someone demanding access to a drug without prescription because they alone are the arbiter of their mental health decisions. Who is a psychiatrist to stand between the patient and lithium ect.

Ironically these are the same whack jobs who'd like to be czars of American health care. One will be able to receive a tax payer funded abortion in minutes while a life saving angioplasty will have a rationed waiting time until you're in the grave.

I think Jim Zorn's playbook is written for a lefthanded QB. :D

#14     Sep 14, 2008
  5. I'm sure there are plenty of conservatives who do consider abortion tantamount to murder. Plenty of liberals think Bush and cheney should be prosecuted for war crimes. The extremes typically do not prevail, at least not in a democracy. That is why it is important that these issues remain democratically decided, not settled by our overlords in the federal judiciary.

It is hilarious that you don't appreciate the irony of liberals complaining about federal courts inserting themselves in a state voting dispute. Liberal activist judges have been micromanaging local elections for decades at the behest of liberals. They thought it was fine until the Supreme Court refused to look the other way while a collection of corrupt political hacks on the Florida supreme Court stole a presidential election. Suddenly, federal intervention was an outrage.

This is why if you want to avoid hypocrisy, you must take a neutral stand on the outcome. From a juridical standpoint, the important issue is whether the court is following proper concepts of federalism. The Roe Court clearly did not.

#15     Sep 14, 2008
  6. Odd, that's not what the Republicans said during the elections of 2000.

#16     Sep 14, 2008

7. interesting no one has figured out that the "abortion" issue will NEVER be put to test by the right-wing elite.

abortion is the ONLY platform the right-wing have to run on. Other than that, they are losers with every other platform.

#17     Sep 14, 2008
  8. "I'm sure there are plenty of conservatives who do consider abortion tantamount to murder."

Bullshit.

From a Judaical standpoint, the important issue is whether the court is following proper concepts of federalism. The Roe Court clearly did follow putting innate freedom and liberty first which is the nature of the Constitution above the states desire to control what a woman does with her own reproductive system.

For you to try to distance yourself from the elephant in the room, i.e. the right wing position that abortion is murder and hide behind a canard which goes to show how fearful you are to take a stand and argue in an intellectually honest manner.

I remember during the Schiavo situation when you wanted Jeb Bush to ignore the federal courts and send in the national guard to protect the legal process from playing out as it rightfully should have.

You are a phony, as you try to pretend that underlying your states rights issue is not a faith based position you hold and are actually driven by, masquerading around as if this was a principled and high minded and intellectual in nature argument that you are flailing around trying to make.

A complete lie of course, that's the way the right wing does it.

Of course any time you want to try to make an argument for why abortion should be banned on a non Biblical foundation...go for it.

#18     Sep 14, 2008