Intellectual Censorship

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Joe Doaks, Jun 25, 2007.

1. For the record, my theory was inspired by an Italian scholar of trading psychology who wrote a book about ten years ago proposing that what we see as a two dimensional price progression is really a three dimensional spiral of lossless electromagnetic-wave-like exchange of sentiment between fear and greed. As I found no practical way to measure those, I considered the theory to be useless and subsequently disposed of the book. But the notion of hidden dimensions, common in other disciplines, stuck with me until one night I sat bolt upright in bed with a horrible cheap-prosecco headache, a painful hard-on and a fully formed theory of five motive EM-like waves, each propagating in three dimensions in different frequency specta, with five associated scalar vectors, all forcing the direction and amplitude of an infinitesimal price string. Unlike the hypothesized fear-greed force, I believe the underlying drivers are quantifiable, and on the two shortest time scales, predictable. As it is widely agreed that on certain time scales price is primarily driven by psychology, I do not think my theory is too far out there. Investigations at the tick and one-minute time scales continue, primarily tests of entry strategies which anticipate price manipulation by limit order traders. On the shortest time scale, the tick, the wave consists of an exchange of psychological energy between stupidity and shell-game-like price manipulation. On the next longer time scale it is an exchange of psychological energy between certainty and price manipulation relaxing to the majority entry price. I will say no more because you will merely think me a bigger fool than you thought before. But remember, this is the site that all-but-officially embraces Jack Hershey as its prophet. As to my being funny, all money is funny, only gold and pussy being truly reliable, and I laugh while I trade to buy both.

#11     Jun 27, 2007
  2. I understood everything except for the "all-but" part.

#12     Jun 27, 2007
  3. Thank you, TD, ET can always count on you to be a voice of sanity. This site's unabashedly pro-Hershey stance casts a shadow on other analysts, such as myself, who espouse a clearcut binary decision theory approach to trading ("Red-light-short, green-light-long, yellow-light-stand-aside"). No hocus-pocus, no mumbo-jumbo. No if-then-but-oh-fuck!. For example, N.Q Enqueue, virtually unheralded, has been making bold predictions one week in advance of NQ price direction using his Confabulator oscillator, to an increasingly decreasing audience, to no acclaim, with no recognition, only snide comments. Proof that ET wants its analysis to be overcomplicated. I will not even go into my own recent contribution, NetTails. As they say in NLP, ET, "the meaning of your communication is the response you get".

#13     Jun 27, 2007
  4. I will cite you a perfect example of the fickleness of ET censorship. This thread:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=75001

just went to Chit-Chat because its creator, a well-known fool, presented what presumably was a fraudulent indicator, which he called the Hyposculator. Considering the source, no one gave it any credence. But THIS thread:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=91669

cast in a more serious mein, presents an indicator called the Confabulator, makes clearly verifiable predictions good for a week, and survives. I know for a fact from the REAL developer (namely me, because I sold it twice to both suckers, like Mozart used to write chamber sonatas for talentless nobles to pass on as their own) that they are the same fucking indicator. Now tell me ET isn't stupid because it can't tell the product from the packaging.

#14     Jun 27, 2007
  5. may i also protest all the

pseudo-intellectual censorship that is going on :p

#15     Jun 30, 2007
  6. Goatlover, you may joke all you wish, but we are on the eve of a momentous test of predictive plower. The estimable, if reviled, and eponymous, N.Q. Enqueue on Thursday opined that Friday would be up (which it was) and that Monday would be down (which it will), as would the remainder of the week (a bit of a long shot). Should this bold proactive perdiction perchance prove positive, ET will have a new guru, and the Hersheyru will have to admit smelly defeet. A week's forward prediction clearly having trumped his few feeble minutes' forecast. If this happens, I challenge Baron to publicly and financially support my aspiration to conduct a Comedy Trading School at the next illegitimate trading convention. Wherein we will demonstate conclusively, contary to the impropergander of ET animadvertisers, that trading is not the least bit serious, but rather is an avocation best pursued half-smashed with pussy juice drippping from happy lips. Monday's close will tell. I always wondered where goat cheese came from, and now I am afraid that I know.

#16     Jul 1, 2007