Intel Macs & Trading Software.... good/bad idea?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by rickf, Jan 30, 2008.

1. rickf

rickf

Anyone here using Intel Macs running Windows with TradeStation, Xtrader, NT, or other active trading platforms? Any thoughts or feedback on how these products perform on the Intel Macs?

Along those lines, any (new) thoughts or recommendations on quality futures brokers besides the ET ratings and what's already been said here over the years?

I sincerely wish there was a robust active trading futures platform for OSX. :(

2. psturm

psturm

3. I'm running XP off a MacBook Pro (with Fusion). My software is MultiCharts and I tried NinjaTrader, too.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/attachment.php?s=&postid=1796343

It's performing so well that you wouldn't know it's actually running on a Mac. Very happy and can recommend it if you are a Mac user and don't want to spend money, time, or anger on PC hardware.

4. rickf

rickf

Hi Paul, "Prince" --

Thanks for the info. After a few weeks of exploring various platforms and brokers, I have decided to go with Open ECry as a futures broker....I'm quite impressed with their trading/charting platform running on my new Intel iMac under VMWare this past week in simulation mode.

Not to mention, under VMWare I can dabble with other charting and strategy programs as necessary.

5. BeeSeeker

BeeSeeker

i am using iMac and macbook pro. They are performing beautifully. I have used them in Parallels, the virtual machine software, which runs on OSX. The systems are so stable that you could not know they were on a Mac. In the beginning I struggled a bit, but found it was a small loading issue that was easily fixed by compacting the virtual disc after loading parallels and windows. I have used eSignal, NinjaTrader, MultiCharts, excel for windows and our own prop program. All are working as well as on a windows machine.