Intel earnings after the bell, not a big deal as everyone thinks.

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by S2007S, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

Intel's not really a growth company per say, and I don't follow it closely
    to truly make a decisive call on the firm. The point would be in today's economy, if we are to believe what we read from some on here, Intel's revenues and margins should be plummeting, and clearly they are not.

There seems to be numerous cash rich technology firms with limited growth. How they use that cash is both an opportunity and a headache for them in today's economy.

#11     Oct 12, 2010
  2. Wow intel is going down in flames. WHY? the whole markets are up.

#12     Oct 13, 2010
  3. did you edit your post? i think i remember somebody said 19 and i think it was you

19.26 now and the day is not over yet

#13     Oct 13, 2010
  4. hajimow

hajimow

I am close to be right on INTC. Now is the time to short TXN. It has huge rooms to go down specially after Linear tech "LLTC" had a soft quarter and predicted a softer next Q.

#14     Oct 13, 2010
  5. sorry haji, i see that 19 was your number. nice call!

pretty amazing how it is dropping while the market is steamrolling ahead.

#15     Oct 13, 2010
  6. hajimow

hajimow

INTC and CSCO are punch bags for big guys. They don't park their money in TXN and CSCO. Where can INTC go? $22? 10% profit? Noone wants it. They want excitement. INTC will be dead money for 3 months. It will hit $17.5 in 3 months. Check out TXN. It will fall and fall hard. Buy it at $24 or below in 3 weeks.

#16     Oct 13, 2010
  7. INTC will likely gap down Thursday morning. If it does, any buyers? At what price will you buy? [​IMG]

[​IMG]

#17     Oct 13, 2010
  8. Techstocks like DELL,INTC,CSCO and MSFT etc.. are poor values for the long term shareholder.

Take a look at how big Goodwill is on the balance sheet (they love overpaying for acquisitions due to CEO egotrips) , and how often they print shares and then announce "Buybacks" using cash from earnings to repurchase shares they just printed.

#18     Oct 13, 2010
  9. INTC support is holding, but so far we only have a fake sell off. [​IMG]

#19     Oct 14, 2010