Intel 850e and G450s Work!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by TGregg, Jan 30, 2003.

1. mktman

mktman

Stay away from Intel MB's.
    There trouble.

mktman

#11     Feb 4, 2003
  2. Do you care to elaborate. I've GREAT experiences with Intel mobo's. And their most recent 845PE mobo has gotten rave reviews. I've heard it complained that they are slow to release latest features and can't be overclocked (for the most part) but I've NEVER heard anyone call them "trouble."

Not aruguing with you, just want to find out why you feel this way. Thanks!

#12     Feb 5, 2003
  3. I have used three different Intel motherboards, from D845wnl, D845EBG2L, D845pesvL without any problem so far. Build 12 systems within last year with these motherboards. Many with dual monitors and quad monitors for trading purpose. What are your problems or reservations?
    :) A challenge works wonder for your brain

#13     Feb 16, 2003
  4. TGregg

TGregg

It's interesting to note that mktman favors Gateways over Dells and dislikes Intel mainboards. One wonders what he would think of an AMD chipset.

#14     Feb 17, 2003
  5. gnome

gnome

Gee... Equis (MetaStock) specifically recommends Intel to avoid trouble. Maybe they are all wet! :cool:

#15     Feb 17, 2003
  6. gnome

gnome

I bought an Intel MB computer in '98, and ran it for about 15,000 hours.... no problems at all... not even other components. I've since bought a second Intel MB computer and have run it about 2500 hours so far. No problems on it so far.

You wouldn't know when these "troubles" were about to set in, would you? (I want to start preparing in plenty of time... so I'll be ready.) :cool:

#16     Feb 17, 2003
  7. Are you currently short INTC?

#17     Feb 17, 2003