Integrity Issue with TradeBullet

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by ProgrammerGuy, Aug 17, 2007.

1. I was currently using TradeBullet. Not anymore, I'm using Ninja Trader.

However, while I was using tradebullet my virus scan picked up a trojan. It was from the TradeBullet web site. I then emailed tradebullet saying that I received a virus.

They responded saying that they ran a virus check and didn't find anything. Meanwhile I looked up on the internet how to treat the virus and simply deleted my Internet files from the web site. I ran the virus scan again and it was gone.

Then TradeBullet emailed me saying "It appears our web site does have a virus, although TradeBullet itself does not. Thanks for pointing it out, we're clearing it out now. Those hackers are *really* annoying!"

I'm concerned that something shady is going on. On the web site there are 2000 trading systems that you can buy, I am concerned that tradebullet has planted a program to send back information regarding how I trade?

Should I be concerned? How would I check and see if any information was sent?

Thanks

2. if this matters it is a it is a JS/Psyme virus.

3. Without wishing to seem offensive I think you're letting paranoia get the better of you. A far more plausible answer is that they're a small company and some idiot leaked some viral code somewhere and 'cos their internal systems aren't well protected the offending code got onto a web page that you got access to.

I don't know the specifics of how you got infected so much of what I've said there is garbage. But I think the general gist of it, human error within a small operation is the high probablity bet in this case.

Regards,
    Dave

4. Oh know I agree I am a bit paranoid, but thanks for the reply

5. francis1

francis1 ET Sponsor

Nothing shady is going on. Somehow our hosting company let some jerk hack into our home page. They did not get further, but this is a serious matter which we are investigating.

BTW We do not sell any trading systems.