Integrating News Into Automated Trading

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by Norm, Sep 27, 2005.

1. hihi

hihi

An automated trading system is a random game and the news are part of it.
    Regards.

#11     Jan 21, 2006
  2. chs245

chs245

I was told BB does not have an API for news. You can not analyse the bloomberg newsfeed outside bloomberg. Can you check with your friend how he has done it to do it after all ?

OLiver

#12     Feb 16, 2006
  3. Portfolio123.com translates fundamental news to trade on once you specified what the fundamentals mean to your system.

#13     Feb 16, 2006
  4. If I remember correctly, his developer automated the news request, and then screen scrape the resultant screen. I am not sure. I can not ask since I am now in a competitive situation.

#14     Feb 16, 2006
  5. bitrend

bitrend

Interpretation of news! That's separate human skill from computer, we're still good than machine in interpretation of news. This is an ambitious project. I think the artificial intelligence of today is not yet very good to deal with it, maybe in the future. If successful, you will replace Wall Street's traders with robots, and robot trades against another robot like in chess game, one computer plays against another computer, no one chess master had imaged 100 years ago that they could be beaten by machine. Again, in Wall Street, maybe computer will be superior, who know in the far future.

#15     Feb 16, 2006