INTC's another misfortune in terms of security

Discussion in 'Options' started by ggelitetrader000, May 17, 2019.

1. https://wccftech.com/intel-mds-vuln...-below-may-slow-macs-by-up-to-40-apple-warns/

In the past, there has been spectre vulnerability and missteps in 10nm processing and 7nm as still years away while AMD is soon releasing 7nm ROME processors and already has been Intel CPU in many aspects.

Now there is this new relating to its what is called "Microarchitectural Data Sampling" has another blow to Intel line of CPU-s dating back to 2008. Hyperthreading is recommended to be disabled according to what Intel's own published paper and also pressure from outside. since hyperthreading effectively doubles the number of cores available, it has significant impact on system's performance.

I haven't heard so far big vulnerability flash news from AMD.
    is it going to be another good day for AMD stock holders?

2. Anyone keeping track of whether AMD Intc spread actually is widening or does it revert

3. NOT SURE

4. Just a quick chart. I'd long INTC, short AMD here. What do you guys think.

upload_2019-5-17_6-52-16.png

Last edited: May 17, 2019
    Overnight likes this.
  5. What does this spread tells us?

6. Nothing really. Just that sometimes it grows, sometimes it shrinks and you may be able to make some money betting on it shrinking.

7. Overnight

Overnight

Did AMD ever solve their overheating issue? Haven't followed the CPU space in quite some time...

8. I use threadripper, no issues, but i9 is definitely better for gaming

9. they still nowhere near NVIDIA on terms of power efficiency. Nvidia's flagship 1080 uses mere 180W and many of comparable AMD's graphics use 300W as max.

On CPU side, and processwise (nm), they had beaten both nvidia and amd. Rome based on 7nm is almost there.