Intc

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Arnie, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Hester

Hester

Revenues are down for nearly every company except discount stores y/y. Your comparing things at the very beginning of the recession to the end. Yes, its trading at 2007 levels but the market is trading at 1999 levels.

#11     Oct 13, 2009
  2. kashirin

kashirin

INTC is also trading at 1999 levels

btw - INTC is a multinational and its strength doesn't tell anything about US economy

#12     Oct 13, 2009
  3. funny thing is, intc is trading at 1999 levels, yet still less than one third of the march 2000 top

#13     Oct 13, 2009
  4. weak dollar is a big plus for intc.

#14     Oct 13, 2009
  5. Arnie

Arnie

I bought NQ just before 4:15 close and covered @1740

Like someone else posted, I just bought an Intel chip for a new build. My last build I used AMD, but I have to say Intel got their chit together. With W7 coming out, I imagine there are a lot of IT depts and small businesses like myself that will be upgrading. All Vista did was push people out on their upgrade cycle. Combine that with cost cutting (productivity via tech) and the end of a recession, and you have the makings for good rally. And....the charts look good. :D

#15     Oct 13, 2009
  6. Vista broke IT departments out of the 'MS just relaeased, gotta upgrade' mentality

#16     Oct 13, 2009
  7. jnorty

jnorty

this is weird. intc looks crappy off its open after the halt and futures continued higher . i think a nice drop is near as things are getting crazy as hell. in the context of last year intcs #'s medicore at best. its the low ball street who keeps setting these beats up

#17     Oct 13, 2009
  8. hajimow

hajimow

Based on a 3 day rally after earning's theory, we should have a big correction on Friday specially that it is an option expiry day.

#18     Oct 13, 2009
  9. pcvix

pcvix

First up, then down on today's close in AH trading?

#19     Oct 13, 2009
  10. Gross margins over 60 % ? That's a monopoly. Where is the competition ???

#20     Oct 13, 2009