INTC earnings after the close...

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by S2007S, Apr 15, 2008.

1. S2007S

S2007S

So I guess they actually missed earnings by 3 cents......

INTC reported first quarter net income of $1.44 billion, or 25 cents a share, compared with profit of $1.64 billion, or 28 cents a share, for the year-earlier period. Revenue was $9.7 billion, up from $8.85 billion the previous year. The company said the quarter included charges of 4 cents a share related to restructuring and asset impairment. Intel was expected to report earnings of 28 cents a share on revenue of $9.65 billion, according to a survey of analysts by FactSet Research. Intel said it expects second-quarter revenue of between $9 billion and $9.6 billion. The mid-point is slightly higher than the consensus projection of $9.26 billion, according to FactSet data.

#21     Apr 15, 2008
  2. S2007S

S2007S

This news is not good for TXN since alot of their chips are supplied for cell phones as well.....

Intel CFO sees continued oversupply of NAND chips
    Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:33pm EDT

SAN FRANCISCO, April 15 (Reuters) - Intel Corp (INTC.O: Quote, Profile, Research) expects continued oversupply of NAND memory chips, used in cell phones and other gadgets, for the remainder of the year, the company's chief financial officer said on Tuesday.

"As expected we saw weak pricing," CFO Stacy Smith said in a phone interview. "We do expect to see continued oversupply throughout the rest of the year. That's what we have baked into our forecast."

#22     Apr 15, 2008

3. Oh come on grab some pom poms and start cheering. The media will grab anything right now thats bullish.

#23     Apr 15, 2008
  4. i sense alot of frustration out there. we've seen months on end of news similiar to the 1930's were banks are in serious trouble or food riots world wide yet we take a look at were stocks are and few can believe ther eyes. most would agree based on the news of late dow 10k would be considered good. i think they've worn out many shorts the past few months and when a huge drop comes few will catch it

#24     Apr 15, 2008
  5. Div_Arb

Div_Arb

Now INTC only up 39 cents in afterhours.

**YAWN**

CPI number will dictate tomorrow's direction.

#25     Apr 15, 2008
  6. intcs up $1.52 and the cpi will dictate trading tommorrow? lol don't make me laugh as todays huge ppi # was ignored. buy every dip and you'll do very well

#26     Apr 15, 2008
  7. weird google and yahoo finance reporting intel dropped back to 20.69$ and everyone is saying some 150,000 share order caused that drop at 8:01pm or something discuss i have no postion in intc so i don;t care

#27     Apr 15, 2008
  8. To drop INTC $1.5 in the span of one minute would require millions of shares

it was a typo

#28     Apr 15, 2008
  9. Had INTC really dropped so much at the end you would had seen the effect on index futures.

Futures are up huge due to INTC and INTC alone which explains the possibility of typo/glitch.

Susana

#30     Apr 16, 2008