Insurance Products

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by BlueHorseshoe, Dec 6, 2003.

  1. Are there any brokers, preferably direct access, that provide for trading of Variable Annuities?

    A couple friends/family own these Variable Annuity (VA) products. They are like IRA's but typically assess some crazy fees and are originated by insurance companies. Typically they are sold to people who have maxed out their IRA/401K contributions and offer an additional vehicle for accumulation of tax deferred gains. In certain limited circumstances they can in fact be converted to IRAs.

    Thanks in advance.
  2. Ok, I'm doing some homework and see that at least Rydex would allow one to transfer a 403(B) there.

    Still looking for a direct access firm ....