Insurance? Ouch!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by CONR, Sep 23, 2005.

1. CONR

CONR

Anybody have any thoughts on the insurers and reinsurers? I almost dumped MRH at 25.80 today and now I wish I did. GO AWAY RITA!!!!!:(

2. KevinK

KevinK Guest

I've been long ALL for about a week. It's cheap

3. CONR

CONR

My only concern is bankruptsy. You get Moody's and Fitch throwing out down grades there goes the whole sector. This could be a long weekend.

4. I saw this one on Cramer's Mad Money, did he recommend this before the hurricanes?

5. KevinK

KevinK Guest

This happens a lot...I am not afraid to buy well developed companies in this situation...bought another insurer calls today/

6. CONR

CONR

After Katrina. Yest. or the day before he was hesitant.

7. don't worry, Uncle George will cut a check out of LaLa Land and make it all go away.

8. MRWSM

MRWSM

Who needs insurance, just wait for Bush to bail you out. You would be nuts to pay for insurance.:)

9. he recommended insurers right before the first hurricane. his top pick was mrh. it was in the 30s. it tanked and buried a bunch of people when the hurricane hit. not one of his best ideas.

10. CONR

CONR

I got in at $25.70. I started to get a little worried at $22. It looks like Rita didn't cause the damage that everyone was concerned about. Should help the insurers on Monday.:D

#10     Sep 24, 2005