Institutional Sales and Trading

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by baller1069, Jan 20, 2008.

1. Bugatti

Bugatti

I think it is important to differentiate between a large banks prop division, sales division and market makin/trading...

Prop division must have a Chinese Wall between all other parts of the bank... for this reason prop groups within a bank do not execute with the market makers of their firm... this would be too easy for information to be passed around...

Sales Traders/Research Sales people spend their days taking orders, pitching plays while working orders from clients and being the intermediary between the client and the firms trader/market maker... he wants both his firms trader to be happy and the client to be happy... tough role in my opinion...

The market maker does take risk when they commit capital or decide to get involved in a stock they cover... However firms typically expect to lose money when they commit capital.. 5%-20% of the time is very typical to lose on a trade... but this helps capture future business... if I run over a sales trader I am more inclined to make it up to thim thru easy working orders... that do not require capital...

#11     Jan 20, 2008
  2. You must have an exquisite taste regarding high class cars, or ? :D

[​IMG]

but also for the "finer" things in life :

http://www.edition-bugatti.com/ :D

So, what are the themes for 2008, bugatti ? Stock markets, Bonds, real estate, currencies, commodities, distressed securities, M&A, LBO....???

#12     Jan 21, 2008