Instead of soupkitchen lines we have this.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by noob_trad3r, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Yeah, I understand your point but I think it is evidence that this country (and most of the developed world) is living in la la land right now. Just because people are throwing away money left and right on a phone they probably don't need or paying $1000 for a giant iPhone doesn't necessary bode well for a sound future economy.

#11     Jun 25, 2010
  2. It is amazing to see people pay an extra $xx dollars a month to type rather talk thru their phone. PT Barnum would be proud.

#12     Jun 25, 2010
  3. The stock will not see a material correction (>40 points) until after VZ rolls out a CDMA iPhone. There are better shorts.

#13     Jun 25, 2010
  4. S2007S

S2007S

Yea I still don't comprehend that myself, I send maybe a text out every couple of days, but these people today will spend hours a day sending texts, my friend does it and I ask him why not just call the person you are texting and finish a conversation that would take only 2 minutes by phone rather than 30 minutes by text.

#14     Jun 25, 2010
  5. olias

olias

Yes, I wonder what percentage of those people standing in line are currently collecting unemployment....you know they're in there.

#15     Jun 25, 2010
  6. S2007S

S2007S

This is obvious at the moment that verizon will be getting the iphone sooner than later. IT would easily be a home run for VZ and AAPL. I think news on this alone would be good for a 10-20% jump in one weeks time. Wonder if the market will come over saturated at any given point, who knows, seems like the apple lemmings buy anything new that apple comes out with even if they don't need it.

#16     Jun 25, 2010
  7. I'm convinced that there is something not quite right in the brains of AAPL lovers. I dont know what it is, but I see these people packed like sardines in the apple store everytime I walk by one. These are people that obviously already own an apple computer or other apple products, but they just seem to love to be around apple products. Its almost as if there is some kind of subliminal programming in all apple products telling them to buy the next product. These people are worse than drug addicts when it comes to iphone,or imacs or ipads.

I would not short this company, just based on their irrational behaviour.

#17     Jun 25, 2010
  8. Are most of those people going to re-sell what they buy on E-Bay or Craigslist? :confused:

#18     Jun 25, 2010
  9. Not sure if they are worse or better, but I would say that they are plain retarded.

#19     Jun 25, 2010
  10. MattF

MattF

that too :D

I have a 3GS...I must admit though after upgrading from my older LG & Verizon it is that good.

Unlike most Apple "loyalty" users who are probably also dumb as bricks when it comes to these things (i.e. standing in line like that :D ), I immediately jailbroke mine. The things you can add and do now with this thing as opposed to just "buying apps" and "loading music" are really nice to see.

It's not a true "all in one" device yet, but it's pretty damn close!

IPhone 4? Too mixed right now to get; I'm in the wait and see mode...

#20     Jun 26, 2010