Instant replay for charts?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Nicodemus, Dec 11, 2001.

1. I would like to find a program that would allow you to save charts and then let you replay them one bar at a time. Does anybody know if such a program already exists?

2. thomas

thomas

I think cybertrader has a simulator that does what you mention with previous day's data.

3. I believe that OmniTrader has such replay functionality. At least the version I used years ago did.

4. You can do it with QCharts but you will have to pull the chart manually to advance it. Advanced GET used to have a training mode that did what you want, but don't know if it still does it.

5. rhoffman

rhoffman

TC2000 is fantastic for this if you're looking to do it with daily charts. You can scroll through years of data one keystroke at a time. If you order their free cd, you can practice with historical data at NO cost. Pretty neat.

6. Or just cover part of the chart with a piece of paper, and uncover it bar by bar.

:)

voodoo

7. Voodoo

Thats what I do but there is a problem with this method. If the first few bars are near the top of the chart you know the trend is going to be down and vice/versa.

rhoffman

Thanks. Ive got a tc2000 cd laying around here somewhere. I will check it out.:)