Instant Execution from Home?

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by jr07, Jun 16, 2009.

1. jr07

jr07

Hi all

I wish to have the ability to simply click on a button and boom, Im in with 1000 shares. Conversely, I click on another button and I am instantly out.

No waiting 4 seconds, no endeless screen refreshes, etc.

Is this possible for the trader from home? What setup, software, broker, internet connection is requred?

Anyone out there have this already?

thanks
    J

2. Direct access platforms provide this capability. I use IB's TWS. One click sets up the buy or sell order for a pre-specified quantity (e.g. 100 or 1000 shares). Then, using "hot keys", I can transmit the order witha single key stroke. From deciding to buy, going through the above process and receiving the confirmation report I would guess is about 1/2 second.

3. Eight

Eight

you can speed things up with low latency internet, I think they have direct leased lines even... If you can co-locate part of your strategy on a server that has low latency you might be able to send a setup to the server ahead of time and get an instant fill if the server detects that the setup gets an entry..

4. for your purposes you need direct access. forget low latency. you could use dial up and get the same result.