Inspirational Quotes

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Epiphany, Dec 9, 2008.

1. This may become my new favorite. Replacing my mantra, "Never let them see you sweat".

#41     Dec 21, 2008
  2. ess1096

ess1096

It's cheaper to keep her.

#42     Dec 21, 2008
  3. if you are completely dependent on another's action how can you 'manage' to make a greater gain, or lesser, other than simply closing out the position immediately? or decide to 'hold' arbitrarily?

#43     Dec 21, 2008
  4. heypa

heypa

Hey dummy. If it keeps going up keep it until it starts down. Never sell a rising stock. Never buy a dropping stock. Use that space between your ears to think logically. It ain't really hard to do. Especially at the level required for trading.
    Apologize for the unkind response. In a mood that would preclude trading today if it were a trading day.
    Buy the way I only swing trade. Too old and slow for day trading. Must respect ones limitations. "KIDS" keep it damn simple.

#44     Dec 21, 2008
  5. how can you know it's up and up?

on the 'weekly' it's up but on the daily it's down?

is it going 'up' or down'?

#45     Dec 21, 2008
  6. donnap

donnap

Life is what happens while you are (busy) making other plans - John Lennon et al

Life is the present moment. Everything else is all in your head.

#46     Dec 21, 2008
  7. Life is what happens when you are taking a dump. (i'm thinking this is so messed up..what am i missing while i sit here?)
    -KTS (mr OCD) :D

#47     Dec 21, 2008
  8. My top 4:

" Buy the truth, and sell it not; also wisdom, and instruction, and understanding..."
    Proverbs 23:12

" A man's life consists not in the abundance of the things which he possesses...."
    Luke 12:15

" Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne..."
    James Russell Lowell [1819-1891]
    {The Present Crisis, stanza 8, 1844}

And finally, my favorite trading quotation:

"..Whatever is unknown is magnified...."
    Tacitus [A.D. 54-119]

#48     Dec 21, 2008
  9. sc85

sc85

“There are but two roads that lead to an important goal and to the doing of great things: strength and perseverance. Strength is the lot of but a few privileged man; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.”

——(Johann von Goethe)

#49     Dec 21, 2008
  10. your on a site devoted to making money not spiriit..

you realize this, right :D

does God have a handle on ET?

#50     Dec 21, 2008