"Insiders selling like there's no tomorrow"

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Clubber Lang, Sep 10, 2009.

1. http://money.cnn.com/2009/09/10/news/economy/insider.sales/index.htm

"they are selling with abandon"

"orgy of selling"

"$31 worth of insider stock sales in August for every $1 of insider buys"

----------------------------------------

These are the same lying bastards who are saying "things are getting better", "green shoots", "signs of improvement", and my personal favorite, "the worst is behind us".

Scumbags, all of them.

2. Insiders ususally sell a little early...buts its definately a sign of a directional switch

see they were buying in Jan thru March

3. Insider selling and commercial activity don't provide any valuable information

They are wrong as often as the general population.

4. Well, yeah!!!! Don't you know that management types walk backwards? :D

5. BLAHBLAH BLAH, are you one of them ?

6. xty

xty

wrong bcos fundamenntals dont really drive the share price........

wall street takes the company to whatever level they want.

7. Thanks for posting this.

I have trouble not believing well placed executives absolutely doubt any economic recovery given the massively disproportionate ratio of selling to buying (31 sales for every 1 buy) taking place.

Alone, this would be ominous enough, but given the data on rail traffic, waning stimulus, warnings by Geithner today (obviously to temper and lower expectations), the increasing hot political zones in the world, and the 9/11 anniversary, I can't help but seriously wonder if something very large and foreboding is brewing.

8. Alexis

Alexis

Don't worry they're wrong all the time.

9. This is a natural reaction by people who saw their stock holdings decimated in the first quarter and can now sigh in relief after the recent run up. Insider's are as much in the dark about the direction of the general economy as everyone else is. Information such as this is only relevant on an industry by industry basis.