Insider trading

Discussion in 'Options' started by Aquarians, Dec 11, 2018.

1. If I work at a company and buy it's own stock on the grounds that my own actions would change the course of it's stock from plunging down to sky rocketing, is that insider trading?

I'm only an employee of the said company and if I keep doing what I'm doing, the course may or may not be as predicted / wanted (more like not so I'm definitely not buying it's stock). To buy it's stock, I'd have to get a budget and management-level powers to do what I please with it and if I do so that could earn company's stock something in between 10x and 100x.

As a bit context, I'm the only quant in Romania and after 10 years of talking to a wall (my previous employer who by now has lost some $500mm), I got hired somewhere else on the grounds of being smart. Only problem if you hire for smart as you recognize it then you'll get a guy like me (say I'm a smartphone) being used by chimps to crack nuts. Their job / business is to crack nuts, so my job is to crack nuts too ... with my head. Well I'm smart and got a corning Gorilla glass but at some point it gets back to you :p

Also I'd like to have a way to completely erase this thread or else I won't say another word.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
  2. The paradox of doing things right is that you only may get to do them so if you outlive a ton of ways of doing them wrong.

Yet every software project I've ever encountered so far is built by people who haven't survived their first summer flu, yet winter.

tommcginnis likes this.
  3. Say what you want about this guy, but he's not an inside trader:

upload_2018-12-11_12-45-35.png

tommcginnis likes this.
  4. By the looks and at this point I can't say more that that, he's obviously an OUTSIDE trader :)

tommcginnis likes this.
  5. On the plus side, the sky's the limit.

tommcginnis likes this.
  6. First thought was to recognize the meme, second thought was to recognize the irony :)

LOL

7. Anywayz I'm drunk and I'm tired so time for some serious philosophy on the programmers thread :p

8. guru

guru

9. Well it's not that simple. Going down or up, for sure. How much and when it's still to be determined.

Which is exactly why it's so interesting and there are very few places on this Earth where I could be at the moment and make a greater impact. Again I'm telling you, we could crash into the ground or perhaps given the singularity of being the only quant on a 20,000,000 people radius plus some philosophy I heard from non-quants... some other interpretation of history.

guru likes this.
  10. Overnight

Overnight

I like the fact that he's jacking the city's power for free. Go free-thinkers!

#10     Dec 11, 2018