Insider trading hurts only HFT

Discussion in 'Trading' started by wannabetrader, May 27, 2017.

1. Handle123

Handle123

I started long ago to holding years and eventually just kept adding to smaller timeframes, so it is yearly down to using ticks, and all automation. I have also made 2 HFT systems and blended them into one system, they work on what happens 1-2 seconds before few HFT kicks in as I have identified math aided pattern, I have programmed software that looks for patterns in different kind of way, once you can take abstract and turn it into how you rather see it visually, you can then make it logical.

#21     May 30, 2017
  2. quant1

quant1

You should make a point not to trade with HFTs then. Enjoy your inflated spreads and higher transaction cost. The cost to you is well worth expressing anger over something you clearly don't understand.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
    #22     Jun 3, 2017
  3. quant1

quant1

Insider trading occurs most eith individual public companies. Market makers typically have exposure to many different companies/sectors at once. This creates a smoothing effect which limits pain when a price moves unexpected due to insider trading. However, there is certainly a negative effect.

On the other hand, long term investors, retail traders, etc are the ones getting the worst deal. This information assymetry is unethical and makes for bad markets. Moreover, these players have a large advantage over HFT when it comes to parsing geopolitical, corporate, and structural news. Computers do a poor job of this. That is a game that can be played by retail but insider trading ruins this opportunity.

#23     Jun 3, 2017
  4. Your ripping off the 'market maker' of the stock who is hedging his short and long positions.

#24     Jun 3, 2017
  5. Any 'profit' you make from daytrading stocks or futures is from the other traders or market makers of the instrument. Daytrading your a competiting with other market makers or professional traders. your competitor in the market if you a daytrading. not a client or customer like investors.

#25     Jun 3, 2017
  6. market makers hate profitable day traders. all your profits is from them

#26     Jun 3, 2017
  7. sprstpd

sprstpd

You have no clue. Maybe if you want to buy or sell 100 shares of a stock, then HFTs are awesome. 200 shares? Maybe. 1,000 shares? Nah. HFT gives an illusion of tighter spreads but it is complete bullsh*t.

#27     Jun 3, 2017
  8. HFT is the market maker in these new markets. Insider trading hurts all but destabilizing market makers increases the damage.

#28     Jun 4, 2017
  9. quant1

quant1

1000 shares of what? Most liquid books sit several 10k shares thick all day.

#29     Jun 10, 2017
  10. traider

traider

10k in 1 exchange or all over the place? They can easily cancel if hit in 1 exch before u can hit everything...
    Let's just give our money to hft overlords they rock.

#30     Jun 10, 2017