Inside the Industry - Chat w/ Don Bright

Discussion in 'Events' started by Andre, Mar 10, 2003.

1. jester

jester Guest

much better.... and make sure the person doing the interviewing isn;t an employee of the interviewee or associated with the firm in some way...and has an "independent" view so we can get good questions asked.

J-

#41     Mar 17, 2003
  2. Well, are the questions about the nature of trading, or about whether or not to trade with Bright?

Seems to me that most of the focus from Don is why to trade at Bright.

If about trading, why not have a panel of traders from each firm who advertises here to "educate" us.

Don spends less time "educating" and more time "selling."

I read the transcript, and it read like a freaking infomercial.

#42     Mar 17, 2003
  3. jester

jester Guest

Optional,

I <basicaly> agree with you ....within 4 - 10 minutes I saw where most of the conversation/questions were going so I new they would have archived the transcripts and I could go back and "pull out" anything of value,so I just left.

I "honestly" was hoping they were going to talk about New Trends or Issues in the Trading Market. I know our firm was at the Online Trading Expo a while back and we were speaking to, (as Don says) "everyone" back east too and I already had an idea of what "might" be talked about...I read or heard none of that so I just tuned out.

I think a panel of questionnaires, "independent" of the interviewee/company etc... makes the most sense and could lead to "real" information instead of an infomercial which is kinda the feeling I got from this.

J-

#43     Mar 17, 2003
  4. Now you're really making me smile...as if I'm fearful of anything you could come up with. And, as far as personalities go, I'm already clearly in the drivers seat. But since this is a public forum, and I actually am involved in the industry, I wouldn't bother with some 9 year old from L.A. ...but would with a legitimate trader and member of our Community here on ET. I don't fall for hoaxes, respond to intimidation, or any thing else along those lines.

Anonymity and success rarely go hand in hand. What are you afraid of....honesty? Being exposed? Come on, no one really cares.....just getting into a pissing match is not of value to anyone.

Send me a PM if you like to work out the details.....

Don

#44     Mar 17, 2003
  5. A neat format to use is voice and a person making a log.

The person(s) voicing can inject NB's to the logger as well.

It works especially well during market hours if all the participants are following the same market in real time.

The fact that 78 folks were there simply means that yo have to do prep for what you did differently. Put up the Q's you are going to run down (And if the market's open, then they can have a market context) ahead of time so the audience can cull out the stuff that will be covered and who ever the speakers are (a small representative group would be nice as we all can figure out.)

What I am saying is this. If a person has suggested a key question, then he engages during that question. You might even easily discover that questions come in groups and you can put the group on the table and thus select the speakers for that group.

There are many sponsored thread grouping here. youould rotate through them in sequence for fairness. The group Don is related to is unknown to me as yet. Is it the non alias group as he notes?

I hope that there can be some sort of professionalism on the part of the runners of this operation and that they keep it contained to web management. Since the professionals of the financial industry have their own venue; it might be nice to just let some amateurs slip into the scene once in a while when it is free of prospectors. I am so amateur at this point that I can't figure out how to contact a moderator of a thread to seek advice.

I hope that the runners upgrade the approach here sooner than later.

#45     Mar 17, 2003
  6. Don, we could focus on issues, which doesn't require knowledge of who I am, or I could play your game of ad hominem arguments.

Issues, count me in. Ad hominem attacks, count me out.

I make no claims about myself, have nothing to sell, thus have nothing to defend. My singular claim concerning you is that you are unethical and innacurate in your marketing methods, and take advantage of this forum.

You make a bunch of claims, without evidence to support them. Let's address that, shall we?

You have nothing to lose, if you are accurate in your data.

I have a log from your visit last Thursday. I will start asking quesitons based on that log.

You can choose to answer or not.

#46     Mar 17, 2003
  7. Don can you answer the above questions as well.

Thanks.

:cool:

#47     Mar 17, 2003
  8. Yeah, this sounds like "issues" "nothing personal, yeah right... ...come on 777, calling me unethical is downright childish, false, and yes, even irritating (which is all you seem to care about). I help run one of the most successful, and ethical firms in existance. I would be happy to debate with someone of similar stature, but see no reason to fall for your insinuations and accusations. You can choose to think what you like, but I simply don't need to argue with someone so cowardly. Show me anyone in a firm similar to ours that is anywhere near as open and up front helping traders. I will not let you deter me from continuing to help others....but I may just have to give up on you....it's too bad, you actually have a good sense of humor, it's just that your "dark side" is so negative and pessimistic that it far outweighs anything positive you might be able to contribute.

Don

#48     Mar 17, 2003
  9. Neat contribution.

are you saying we all have to stop using aliases?

are you saying that your professional stature and accomplishments is the level you require of others for you to chat and exchange thoughts?

I'm not being argumentative, in my opinion.

Could you outline what it is that you do not want to talk to 777 about so we can take it off the table right now and then just get to the things you want to address and be helpful with?

I am a proactive and creative person. As an amateur my stature is amateurish to the enth degree.

#49     Mar 17, 2003
  10. What do you think was really neat and helpful that was contributed in the session?

Is there anything about this item that you can suggest to make it better?

#50     Mar 17, 2003