Inside the Industry - Chat w/ Don Bright

Discussion in 'Events' started by Andre, Mar 10, 2003.

1. seisan

seisan

If there had been a lot less jockeying for question positions, Don woulda had a lot more time to answer queries outside of Bright and Redi Plus........ :eek:

#31     Mar 15, 2003

2. I read the transcript. Not very informative, not as advertised. Here are the sum totals of Don's comments before questions:

#32     Mar 16, 2003
  3. rs7

rs7

Don Bright (Mar 13, 2003 5:43:18 PM)
    No, he is my personal assistant....lol

This was his answer to my question, which was "are you and Optional777 the same person?"

So Optional, you are a mere p.a. to Don?

Peace, my brother
    :)rs7

#33     Mar 16, 2003
  4. Do you really think I would personally assist Don, or anyone else in that respect, in the kind of fabrications and decpetion a marketing manager employs on a constant basis?

#34     Mar 16, 2003
  5. Andre

Andre

I have to admit, I was a little disappointed in the questions. Beforehand, Don and I discussed we would make it an Inside the Industry type of chat. However, many people brought some very basic questions on trading and platforms. What do you do but answer them?

We had 75-78 people in there for the bulk of the chat, and it ran to almost twice the length of time as most of our guest events. Don answered question after question. I find it amazing people would ridicule Don for this.

Tell you what, however, Baron and I have had some discussions on providing interviews for Elite Trader members. Creating content can be very expensive. I know this from my time at Innerworth working on the Master Interviews.

For a higher level discussion on the state of the industry, perhaps it would be better to have just one person interviewing someone like Don, bringing more in depth questions. Perhaps we could even make it audio, instead of text.

What do folks think about that?

André

#35     Mar 16, 2003
  6. nitro

nitro

That is a WAY better format, IMHO.

nitro

#36     Mar 16, 2003
  7. gaj

gaj

first - thanks for andre and don bright and baron for having these types of chats. they're educational, and clearly NOT a pump for the people involved.

a couple suggestions...

-> first, i think text is better than audio. first, for people who can't get to the chat, it's easier to read the text afterwards rather than listen. also, not everyone wants to have the audio (i speak not only of myself, but when i ran an internet company). and i took no investor capital / lost no money, so please, no wisecracks :)
    -> the best format is to have questions in advance. not so don (or the guest) can screen them, but so that there are a group of questions lined up. a s you can see from the chat transcript, it's very easy for something to start going out-of-bounds quickly.
    -> you might want to have a moderator and don (guest) be the only people who can post things. some may yell 'censorship!' - if the moderator is fair at putting questions through, it's not. it just allows things to proceed at an orderly pace, and lets the guest answer questions in a timely manner.

finally...you might want to promote this (slightly) by putting a message on one of the internet newsgroups, such as misc.invest.stocks (or misc.invest.futures). the charter for these groups will allow it if you post one message about this. i assume posting on SI or other places won't go over well there, but since the newsgroups are a virtual public domain, as long as you abide by the charters and accepted posting principles, you'll be fine.

#37     Mar 16, 2003
  8. instead of anb interview with DOn with one person, how about a panel of say three questioning don... incluiding a pro-don guy and one of don's nemesis's on the board ot keep it interesting...but seriously have people submit questions before hand and he can answert the more commonly asked questions along with any other interesting ones, etc...

#38     Mar 16, 2003
  9. Interesting to read the responses from some of you. When all I tried to do was answer questions openly and honestly. To some, whatever I say will be distorted or misconstrued, no matter what...and there is nothing I can do about that. All I can offer them, is to show me someone doing more within the industry to try to help. I'm not upset, but find it funny that those who really need the help, won't listen, no matter who speaks...and those who are doing well, are usually glad to hear some insights.

And, I've made the offer before...I would love to debate with anyone, including my pal Optional....all I ask is that he not hide behind an alias....everyone knows virtually everything about me....and I'm too good a business person to handicap myself. So "bring it on".....

And to all those with the PM's and Emails of thank you......it is I who thank you for your support!!

Don

#39     Mar 17, 2003
  10. You need an edge by knowing who someone is? Really.

I have yet to understand your fears in this area. I have my reasons for anonymity.

If facts, reason, and common sense are really on your side, why worry?

The truth is not a handicap when it comes to running your business, is it Don?

You don't think I work for the S.E.C. do you?

I debate people all the time on the internet. It doesn't matter who they are. The audience will soon enough see who is real, and who isn't....who is telling the truth, and who is making it up as they go along, who has facts that they can support with published independent data.

I just think you have concerns about what might really happen if you open yourself up to some rigorous questions about the nature and practices of your misleading and deceptive marketing techniques.

I obstained from your dog and pony show, as not to disturb others.

I am here, anytime you want to deal with issues, and not personalities.

#40     Mar 17, 2003