Inside the Industry - Chat w/ Don Bright

Discussion in 'Events' started by Andre, Mar 10, 2003.

1. Andre

Andre

Just bumping this up to the top. Our chat with Don Bright
    will be starting in about 15 minutes, please join us.

André

#21     Mar 13, 2003
  2. somebody ask him if Bright will compete with Andover on pricing going forward.

Cant get into the chat for some reason. java related.

:mad:

#22     Mar 13, 2003
  3. bmwstox

bmwstox

Don,

I'm glad your getting media exposure in the Journal, now if you can only find a way to get on CNBC during mkt. hrs we'd see u in realtime......

:cool: BMW

#23     Mar 15, 2003
  4. Yes, but, that would destroy his credibility!!

The 'stars' in this business typically ain't what the media want (buy, buy, buy, it's all good, etc.)!!

Honesty doesn't sell advertising time, especially for the retail brokerage houses!!

Good-Luck anyway. Surprised WSJ is 'smart enough' to even look for a story away from what MER/MWD/GS/LEH tells them to write!!

#24     Mar 15, 2003
  5. I think they do.

#25     Mar 15, 2003
  6. BCE

BCE

Great points. :D Sorry I missed the chat but I'm headed off to read the transcript. Thanks for sharing - Don & everyone. :)

#26     Mar 15, 2003
  7. BCE

BCE

Actually there is software to create this type of drawing effect from photos. Photoshop, for instance, has filters that turn photos into black and white drawings. :)

#27     Mar 15, 2003
  8. bmwstox

bmwstox

I don't think it would destroy his credibility at all. I remember CNBC doing a segment on "Harvey Houtkin" a few years back. It would simply be an outlet for a look back into daytrading & those who survived.

- BMW

#28     Mar 15, 2003
  9. chat. Instead of talk on industry issues and changes
    it turned into a redplus/bright show......

#29     Mar 15, 2003
  10. jester

jester Guest

...and you were surprised by that????.....thats why I left after 4 minutes.....

J-

#30     Mar 15, 2003