Inside Real Estates Black Hole In Search Of Fantastic Opportunities

Discussion in 'Economics' started by the gardner, May 12, 2008.

1. Lyford Quay is interesting....if it weren't for the bugs.....and the black people...otherwise I could never have Pabst over.

#41     May 15, 2008
  2. Like when we were buying condos in Sydney's CBD at AUD .57 and the developers were guaranteeing the lease at 7% for the first four years?

#42     May 15, 2008
  3. remember schools are very important....but when an area really really gets hot ...they dont matter at all because private schools are opened....and very good ones at that...expensive ones ie 35k per yr per child minimum

a great question is ....where are private schools good ones thinking about opening....and why

g

#43     May 15, 2008
  4. some interesting areas i like

california....san luis obisbo...up and comming

australia.....queensland....noosa heads to mackay also promising

new zealand....gisbourne ......really nice

sri lankas ..east coast oceanfront

zanzibar....magnificant

virginias....east coast......

eluthera...50 miles from miami really cheep lots

costa ricas...osa peninsula on the pacific

tanzanias east coast

vietnam between danang and natrang oceanfront

honduras is also hot

la paz in baja mexico

..................just a few to examine on the web ...g

#44     May 15, 2008
  5. One point I am going to research regarding downtowns. I am going to focus on the areas around "landmark" buildings. These landmarked buildings may be a "center" to holding or offer appreciating value depending on their use.

Suppose history has shown that the last building standing in a revitalized area, and ready to be torn down because it is worth more as a different use but now landmarked. My idea would be to extrapolate the value in reverse.

With more activists being gatekeepers of neighborhoods, a building might have landmarked (or proposed) status yet the neighborhood has not even begun to be developed.

It might be a better place to start looking rather than just plunk down some money on a place because it is shiny and new, a developer may not have considered anything except for the ease of building or the low land costs.

#45     May 15, 2008
  6. Mvic

Mvic

7. landmark buildings ..great values

one area to do this is washington dc

its smart

#47     May 19, 2008