Inside day in SP500 Thursday ?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Walther, Nov 12, 2003.

1. VOLUME

VOLUME

Yeah, but if you had started shorting in Dec 1999 you would have gotten smoked.

#11     Nov 13, 2003
  2. ddog

ddog

If you think that an indicator divergence based on a 5 minute chart one day has any bearing on trading the next day, taking into account all the news that develops after hours, you are greatly inexperienced in trading.

#12     Nov 13, 2003
  3. balda

balda

I see divergence between daily 5MA and price and 5MA points down.

#13     Nov 13, 2003
  4. If you think that previous day action has no bearing at all on today's price action, you are greatly inexperienced in TA .
    Did you look at charts today ?
    One more thing. based on yesterday price action I will be watching SP500 11:45 est .
    Walter

#14     Nov 13, 2003
  5. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

That's not what he said, Walter, and if you weren't so eager to become a guru, you wouldn't make such stupid predictions.

The fact that the average daily range was exceeded by nearly 50% yesterday has far more to do with the probability of a narrow-range day, inside or not, than a stochastic reading off the end of a previous day's 5m chart.

If you insist on making predictions, at least provide intelligent reasons for them.

#15     Nov 13, 2003

6. NQ 14 ATR was 23.13 as of tuesdays close.
    ES 14 ATR was 10.34 as of tuesdays close.
    what figures are you using?
    there was clearly no 50% breakout yesterday but on the contrary a test of recent resistance.
    5min chart is misleading.

#16     Nov 13, 2003
  7. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

I didn't say ATR. I said "average daily range". The 10dADR yesterday was 22. The range was over 33. That's a 50% increase.

Note I didn't say anything about breakouts, either. What is it with the reading abilities of ET members?

#17     Nov 13, 2003
  8. Probably similar to the national average... which unfortunately is pretty poor.

#18     Nov 13, 2003
  9. He made his statement, I made mine . You are the only one on this forum who does not comprehend that. You have to work on your reading skills . I strongly suspect that you are dyslexic .
    You are the only one on this forum who is scanning for every post I made so it makes me your guru , does not ?
    I have ability to predict price movement ahead of time, should I apologize for it ? Were your ancestors Jesuits ? You would fit right in as their book burning crewgirl !

It is my right to post here so get lost. If you do not understand written text, it does not mean that it is wrong. You just have no capacity to interpret it.

Intelligent reasons to you is a kindergarten stuff to rest of us.

#19     Nov 13, 2003
  10. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

That's right, Walter. I search for every post you make. I'm just so desperate to learn your secrets of being correct in hindsight. :D

#20     Nov 13, 2003