Insane market

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Peter35, Oct 24, 2008.

1. Peter35

Peter35

Quoted from forex factory forum:
    Today we witnessed the fall of GBP/USD 1000 pips in few hours. It's something none os us saw before in our lives. It's a dramatic day in the economic history of the United Kingdom. Everytime I see the new low, I picture the Queen in rags!!!
    What's the use of the technical , fundamental and all this nonsense analysis now? None of these systems ever dreamed of such 1000 fall. What's the use of sypport/ resistsance lines now? Does any currency respects such things today? Free fall of sterling and euro against dollar...so? is it a strong dollar?.dollar is falling like a rock against Yen.
    I have a feeling that the world will never be like before again....

2. You're witnessing a one in a lifetime crash.
    Major realignment of world economies.

I'm all cash. ready to watch the bloodbath

3. Peter,

start reading news out of Japan, China, Russia, Brazil and Europe ... then you will see that the world will definitely start becoming a lot different in 2009, and maybe already has started changing a lot.

After WWII, the US was more than 50% of the world economy, and the Marshall Plan kept that in place for decades. In 2008, the US was roughly 22% of the world economy, while the emerging markets were roughly 50% (also with 50% of the world population). This is now going to be pushed a lot further.

In Japan the finger is pointed firmly at the US. China is calling on ending the role of the USD. Other nations are talking about the unstable conditions because of the USD and the US subprime crisis which led to the overall credit crisis and banking collapse - where Lehman Bros. effectively embezzled huge sums just before they went bust, and the US is delaying their commitments to spending for shoring up the crisis fallout...

The gloves are coming off, it seems.

4. Yes you are correct.....the worldwide "blame the US" planned globalist con job is exactly what will pit the world against us going forward.......wondrous!!! :mad:

....and everyone just sat back like dumb FU%^$%$%$% and let it happen! :confused:

5. Indeed.

The sheep around the world will blame the fat Americans.

They have no clue on the man behind the curtain.

6. Cutten

Cutten

Pound dropped a lot more than 10 points in 1992.

7. The fall in cable today was the largest intra day fall in 37 years.

8. zdreg

zdreg

two rotten currencies

9. EURGBP, wait a minute, EURGBP??? @%^$ing going to close the day BELOW WHERE IT WAS Pre UK GDP? WTF, that is the best ever. Nice price movements... INSANE

10. Cesko

Cesko

In Japan the finger is pointed firmly at the US. China is calling on ending the role of the USD. Other nations are talking about the unstable conditions because of the USD and the US subprime crisis which led to the overall credit crisis and banking collapse

Greatly helped by trade imbalances courtesy of China. You are so boring.

#10     Oct 24, 2008