Innovest trading

Discussion in 'Journals' started by innovest_11, Feb 17, 2010.

1. Another reason for me to buy AAPL at 2:48pm at $202 is because i saw IBM at 2:48pm is rebounding, i'm expecting some kind of correlation between these 2 tech stocks, so since IBM is rebounding a little, i thought AAPL will rebound somehow too, but instead AAPL falls down straight to 201.2

So called correlation strategy..., seems like i need to boot out this strategy?

#21     Feb 22, 2010
  2. NoDoji

NoDoji

The problem wasn't buying AAPL at 2:48. I've seen AAPL take off out of a range. The problem was you violated your stop when it broke down.

#22     Feb 22, 2010
  3. +77 today

Use 3 min chart bar chart with 20 bar EMA today, thanks NoDoji, it is good, eliminate the noise, and will know it is uptrend or downtrend, but weird thing is: dare not short since the price is so low but the EMA is showing down.

So today most of the trade is the EMA is showing down, but the next bar is higher low higher high than previous bar, i'll buy. Seldom short today because there are 2 times i shorted AAPL but at too low a price and got stop out twice, my entries are lousy, so ended up longing most stocks

Traded HUM, UNH, BUCY JOYG IBM AAPL HPQ today, will post details later, need to go out now, again, thanks NoDoji :D

#23     Feb 22, 2010
  4. Got back home too late, so make a quick post here, the major trade is AAPL:

At 10:36am, i sell short AAPL at $199.94, too low a price, and i was taken out quickly with Stop loss -$48 at $200.17 at 10:39am, size 200

At 11:53am , buy $199.74 and cut loss $199.56 -$38, ema still showing down yet i go and long, i bought because the bar is showing higher high and and higher low size 200

At 12:32am, bought 199.64 but size 400, ema showing up, sold $199.8, make a mistake sold too soon

Conclusion
    - Must trade with the trend

#24     Feb 23, 2010
  5. - 94

Today traded only GS at 10:30am, going with the EMA down, so short GS at $158.37, only to quickly cover at $158.27, seems that it is reversing fast.

Wanting to short this morning AAPL HPQ after 10am, but the fall is so fast that dunno which price point to enter short, was looking at 3 min chart, afraid of quick rebound killing my Stop. Was waiting for some sort of rebound to enter my short, but never come, it fall to a price level, no rebound, take a short breather, than come another quick desend to new low...

Then in the afternoon, saw the ema of IBM, HPQ AAPL GS are going up, then long them, IBM is good, going up, bought at $126.54 at 1:10pm, it did go up to 126.82, only to drop back and sold at $126.55 1:42pm. The rest HPQ AAPL GS all got stop at 1:42pm when a sudden downturn came, and so -94

Realised when ema is turning up, then buy maybe too late, price already went up, and may most likely get stop out, afternoon price actions are choppy too... what a day

#25     Feb 23, 2010
  6. - 550

today got whipsawed by AAPL
    i buy, it goes down
    i short, it goes up,
    stop got bit lose here, wider than 0.20 as the move is fast and wide
    size got into 400, so got me into this shit,

big size + whipsawed

and when i sold it afternoon, and i switch off computer, next day then i realised, it went up so fast

what a shitty day

#26     Feb 25, 2010
  7. ken__0

ken__0

After all was said and done did you see the s/r levels along with the increased volitility/volume why did you short aapl today at all ...?
    just becaused it opened down?
    just imagine 52 week low 82 now 2 something
    I often think sellers at this range wont be bac until reasonable levels enjoy the fun inbetween

#27     Feb 25, 2010
  8. Actually what i meant was:

During today's morning course of action, i bought aapl, then it went down, so i sold it. And i short it, then it goes up, and i cover it. Got whipsawed up down

Then i bought it again, and i sold it and off computer, went to sleep, was down with flu, only to realise i miss the super rally boat in the afternoon

Actually my stop loss is bit tight too, too tight resulting in whipsaw...

#28     Feb 26, 2010
  9. + 960

Got lucky with aapl

Not sure whether i should go and look for full time 9 to 6pm job, not much income coming in, saving account dropping fast though still have some buffering

Should i go back to work or continue fulltime trading? i think sooner or later i'll be back in the boring, no passion, waste of time, workforce, though it will keep my wallet in good condition

My ideal life is trading and with at least $5k income thru trading, but seems far away, but i'll work hard at it, but my monthly bill is forcing me slowly back to workforce......

#29     Mar 1, 2010
  10. +750

Have $300 profit initially, traded joyg, already bought and sold. Then the time is 11:15am, i know joyg price is already sky high, and i bought little more size than usual 400, then it started to drop, i don't know why i never cut loss, usually i would, and it drop, and dropand stablised at a level, i bought another 400, now total size 800. Again, it rally little, then continue to drop another $0.40, disgusted it, wanted to cut it, but still cannot bring myself to do. So i thought what the hell, bought another size 800, now total 1600. THEN IT DROP SOMEMORE $0.30, then slowly it rebounded a little, then i bought another 800, i think i'm going crazy, just kept buying, then slowly it bounces up and down, finally i break free with some profit

Actually it's been some months i never avg down like this, cause i know some fine day, avg down will kill me with big loss. How to prevent this from happening again?

#30     Mar 3, 2010