Innerworth.com

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by alain, Apr 24, 2002.

1. I have now paid my father back all the money he lent me. I have now also taken all my living/trading expenses besides the cost of my college out of my trading profits. What else is your gripe?

#41     Aug 23, 2002
  2. This is a ridiculous reason to pick on someone: inherited money. This sounds like jealousy. Wouldn't it be nice to have a rich sugar daddy (especially if he's genetically related to you) to set you up in a career of your own.

My problem is, I've seen of few of those dads with their very insecure sons, is whether Daddy is robbing Sonny of a real life elsewhere...outside of money making. But hey Praetorian2 is old enough to make his choices and dig his graves.

Naz you forget there's always Free Will.

#42     Aug 24, 2002
  3. nitro

nitro

WTG P2!!

nitro

#43     Aug 24, 2002
  4. nitro

nitro

Hmmm,

I would subscribe _JUST_ to listen to what P2 has to say! It would probably pay for itself 100000x over...

nitro

#44     Aug 24, 2002
  5. Good point nitro. I should listen to what I say more and follow what I do less sometimes. I'm sure I'd dig myself less graves, or would that be shallower graves? Lets just say that I don't always follow my own rules. That's when I get into the most trouble.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    As per my father, just for the record, he's not all that wealthy. Everything he has, he made for himself. He only gave me 30k in total to begin with anyway. Everything else I have I made for myself. I really doubt that 30k is that much for anyone to come by. Most people out there can take it out of a credit card if necessary.

#45     Aug 24, 2002
  6. Your money is defined as money that IS NOT provided by Daddy or any other source other than yourself, and making a living is living from your trading gains and not an allowance from said Daddy.

It's been awhile since I read his first interview, but I don't recall getting the hit that Harris is a trust fund baby. I think it would be harder to trade with parent's or family money than your own, I'd be scared sh_tless that I'd lose it. To much pressure.

-Joe

#46     Aug 26, 2002
  7. The prefect companion book to Reminiscences is Richard Smitten's Jesse Livermore: World's Greatest Stock Trader. Livermore didn't commit suicide because he busted out. He shorted before the 1929 crash, and after that feat he couldn't find anything challenging about the stock market anymore. He didn't think he could top himself. And that was his whole life.

#47     Aug 28, 2002
  8. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Who cares how you got the money to trade if it does not hurt someone (ie selling drugs, stealing etc). I had to get a loan from my girlfriend to start, and if it was not for that, I doubt Id be here.

Brandon

#48     Aug 28, 2002
  9. Andre

Andre

MainFramer: The prefect companion book to Reminiscences is Richard Smitten's Jesse Livermore: World's Greatest Stock Trader.

That's another book on my reading list. It moved up the list with my recent completion or Reminiscences of a Stock Operator... fascinating book. Helped me to better understand volume, actually.

#49     Aug 28, 2002
  10. I just finished the companion. It's worth a read, but too much of a repitiion of the first.

#50     Aug 28, 2002