Innerworth.com

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by alain, Apr 24, 2002.

1. Dustin

Dustin

Honestly I remember having some trouble navigating the BB system...probably missed the questions. All I saw were a few negative comments. Will check it out...

#21     Jul 17, 2002
  2. #22     Jul 17, 2002
  3. Dustin

Dustin

OK I just posted a response to the comments about my interview. The formatting didn't work so it's just one huge confusing paragraph...not sure what happened.

Thanks to Mozart and Joe for the heads up.

#23     Jul 17, 2002
  4. Andre

Andre

Dustin, thanks so much for responding. We have made some improvements to the boards since your interview. But one that is still missing is for the system to recognize hard returns, which is why you had one long paragraph. (You can use HTML yourself <p> gives one a line break.) Regardless, I went in and fixed it. Looks better now.

For others not familiar with IW, Dustin's was the first interview of the new year, where we began keeping all MIs in the same discussion. Joe's link will take folks to the beginning of that thread. Dustin's response is at the end.

#24     Jul 17, 2002
  5. aca123

aca123

As the thread turned a bit cold and no doubt promotion worked well (although why offer it for $19.95 only to "elitetrader" there are hundreds of other sites with potential "customers") just wanted to comment from firsthand experience.
    IW Andre - "minds inner workings" are secondary (maybe Turtles experiment gives a little clue?). Withouth method, analytics, knowledge of the market and risk, psychology is not going to do the job (probably though makes a novice trader feel better as he now "knows" why he is losing, unfortunately without any practical insight). Comparisons like "the method is easy, self-discipline is hard" misses the point . It is the method (entry, exit, money management), which gives you the confidence and allows for discipline. Maybe Innerworth is asking "unbiased questions" about traders mindset but unfortunately, provides no clues to where or how to look for answers.
    Completely agree with Yanni though, could be fun to read some of the interviews (especially for $19.95 a month and save yourself a commission on one or two trades).

#25     Aug 2, 2002
  6. I would completely agree with that criticism: without a REAL trading plan talking about your discipline is next to worthless. That's the flaw to IW that they push the soft stuff i.e. discipline aspect without emphasizing the hard stuff: what constitutes a plan, what steps are involved, measurement of it etc.

IW nows seems to be pushing a plan, giving you the overview of different trading types: this month is Bollinger Bands, That's a big step for a site that ALWAYS pushed just staring at graphs and riding the trend.

But in the end it doesn't matter if they can get enough people to fork over the dollars they don't have to do the hard stuff and just re-cylce Schwager's books. It seems people want a feel good reason to why they are doing poorly and IW is supplying that demand.

#26     Aug 3, 2002
  7. I'd just like to inform this forum that innerworth.com did a followup interview to my original interview last year. Part I has just recently appeared on their site. I hope that for those of you who are critical of the lack of content, my interview has that, or at least something that is of use to fellow traders.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    For the record, I have no affiliation whatsoever with Innerworth.com (beyond enjoying their interviews). I just thought that this would be a useful place to put a heads up for those of you who are interested in reading it.

BTW: my name is Harris Kupperman.

#27     Aug 19, 2002
  8. Andre

Andre

Another good read, Harris. As I'm reading Reminiscences of a Stock Operator currently, I've been seeing alot of similarities from what was written then (1923) and now. Harris Kupperman actually reminds me of Jesse Livermore... in that when he feels he's right he does what he thinks is right. Thanks for making yourself available to our readers, Harris!

#28     Aug 19, 2002
  9. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I think that discipline is the single most important aspect of your trading plan. Everything else is secondary to it because if you are not disciplined you will not have a plan, because you will over ride it on a whim. My 2 cents anyway. I have not spent a lot of time on the site, but the trading diary they have is very useful as are the assesments. They also have some great interviews (including one with yours truely) that provide some good insights for traders and probably even investors too.

Brandon

#29     Aug 19, 2002
  10. Brandon- I wonder how many of us over here at ET are innerworth "celebs". Who else here has done the interview? I know that Dustin did one. Who else?

#30     Aug 20, 2002