Innerworth.com

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by alain, Apr 24, 2002.

1. alain

alain

Has anyone subscribed to innerworth.com?

Looks very interesting. Specially with Ed Seykota in the background.

I know that there was an article in Active Trader Mag. But Articles in Active Trader Mag are sponsored Articles. So I would appreciate real opinions from experience with their service.

thanx,
    Alain

2. Yannis

Yannis

Alain,

I've registered and have been getting Innerworth's e-mails. I've also spent some time taking their tests and reading up on things they offer for free.

At this point, I'm not ready to ask that they take my name off the list, but I don't look at it in detail any more. I certainly would not pay for it.

My perception is that they have some interesting stuff and they try to summarize/popularize common problems faced by traders. But I believe that their route is ultimately a dead end. The reason is that most traders can benefit from learning how to trade and from following a method/system someone teaches them. If they also become interested in their mind's inner workings (as far as trading is concerned) as they should, a good book like "trading in the zone" can help them take a good look at themselves.

To go deeper than that, real people need real guides to take them there. A magazine like innerworth is, imo, more of a snare and a delusion - it cannot help anyone more than the book mentioned above. Be wary of too much self-analysis, it cannot be done because of the laws of psychological inertia, like you cannot cause yourself to move in space without an outside agent pulling or pushing you.

However, the material offered free by innerworth is somewhat interesting and informative - enjoy it (as I do) and see where it leads you.

Hope this helps. Interesting website you guys have. I'm a European (by birth) too :)

3. nkhoi

nkhoi

take the free trial and take the personality test, be prepare to answer all 500 probing question, save the test result and use it to better yourself, do it soon before it gone for good.

4. alain

alain

thanx for the info guys.

I guess I will subscribe for one months and see what they have to offer... It's more for my never ending desire to learn. I just want to see if they have something new to offer which I could add.

this is the web of my company I'm running besides trading... so I know the tech market also from another point of view ;o)

alain

5. It's a very interesting website and a calming influence for those going through a drawdown period...

6. alain

alain

specially calming after seeing your signature :D

very calming

7. Candle, I just pulled out my 12 guage and shot the rabbit!! I missed the turtle. Unfortunately, I destroyed one of my monitors.

Thanks,

Mike

8. I have never taken their test. I have a "lifetime" membership after getting interviewed. I recommend you get a subscription and to read the old interviews. THey have about 50 or so now. Some of them are by some really really high quality traders. All of them are way better than me. I find that when i'm not hitting well, like now, it pays to take an hour off from the market and read the last 2-3 interviews and really think about them. They have some real good advice from quality traders. Not about setups or anything, but how to get your mind in that "zone" to make serious money.

9. carlp

carlp

A couple of questions:

What does Innerworth charge per month/year?

Is Ed Seykota a contributor to the site?

Thanks

cp

10. Andre

Andre

The reason is that most traders can benefit from learning how to trade and from following a method/system someone teaches them. If they also become interested in their mind's inner workings (as far as trading is concerned) as they should, a good book like

It's unfortunate, but most folks do seem to view looking into their mind's inner workings as secondary and less important to their method. Of course, most successful traders say psychology is 90% of the game. But still, people want the method. The method is easy. Self-discipline is hard.

The fact is, if you want someone to hold your hand and tell you how to trade, Innerworth won't be much help to you. But, if you want unbiased questions that make you think, if you're really willing to do the hard work... then I strongly feel Innerworth is the best site out there for traders.

That doesn't mean there isn't value in subscribing to someone else's system or newsletter. But pretty much every successful trader I've talked to or read about seems to share one common trait... they essentially have created their own system of indicators that they can reliably act on, to use to pull money out of the markets.

They do this by thinking for themselves. Which means in my eye, if you don't want to be a sheep, and follow... you need to be independent enough to look for you own answers, make your own tools, and learn to trust your own observations. And that's where Innerworth helps with the trader mindset.

I do have a disclosure... I work for Innerworth.

#10     Jun 29, 2002