Injustice ...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kandlekid, Jun 7, 2020.

1. kandlekid

kandlekid

Why can't the discussion just be about injustice? Why does it necessarily need to be about racial injustice? What happened to George Floyd was unjust. What happened to the 75 year old guy in Buffalo was also unjust. If something unjust happens to you, I would think that you would want justice for yourself and in fact, for all people, not just for your race or people. If you seek justice for all, then doesn't it stand to reason that racial injustice would also be served?

"With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in, to bind up the nation's wounds, to care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow and his orphan, to do all which may achieve and cherish a just and lasting peace among ourselves and with all nations."
    - Abraham Lincoln

2. Well I'm Romanian. Eastern Europe, former communist country, former Soviet influence, still holding a lot of that cultural influence. So in a 400,000,000 country, the press captivates you with one guy now. Interesting.

Not to say it's not bad what happened to him. Forall you have read about us, the opposite usually happens here: police will let go even the most hardened criminals if they don't present an immediate menace to general public.

One guy was accidentally killed here by the police too though. It was as bad as in the US and that's because IT IS BAD.

So yeah I agree on injustice and trying to stop it. And the reason communism had no injustice mostly because anyone pointing it out would be brought to justice.

But you also gotta consider the policeman's point of view. They deal with violent criminals who can not as much kill you as make you into a chronic pain sufferer for the rest of your life.

3. I say we should introduce conscription for the police service as it was done in the army.

This means:

1) Criminals will get to police you.
    This is what prosecution tries to push in the case of George Floyd.
    2) You, a vulnerable citizen who has to take care for himself and his family for 40 years after the encounter with George Floyd happens.
    Don't apply force and let those guys do their way and you'll see what happens to you. Why don't we have videos of what happened to police officers when they do that?

4. I've been in the police county jail with the hardened criminals, and I'm not police if you know what I mean.

5. Also not a criminal, which is what a simple binary logic would deduce. But this is the "injustice" thread.

Well before any justice, you gotta make sure you're alive and well. When police officers tell you to comply with something you fucking comply with something till further notice.

6. In WW2, grandpa was arrested by the communists and sentenced to 16 years in prison.

Prior to that he contributed to shortening the war and carnage at least with a year.

When Nazis get you, stay alive. Stay safe. We will prevail.

7. I'm not police but probably would fare well as police.

8. NY_HOOD

NY_HOOD

the only injustice here is how blacks are using a tragedy that had nothing to do with race as an excuse to steal and destroy. thats just how blacks behave. people are getting tired of it.