Initial Balance for Currencies

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Reaver, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Hey everyone,

Just wanted to ask what you are using for your initial balance period in the currency markets.

I know that different people use different time periods for the IB due to the nature of the markets, etc.

Just wanted to get a thread going on who is using what and why, if you care to contribute.

Thanks.

2. For the sake of consistency, 7:20am to 8:00am (Central Time) while still being cognizant of the Asian and European business day. :cool:

3. Thanks Nazz, much obliged.

5. it seems as if for any of the currencies that most of the big moves are really already done by the time US markets open or very soon after they do open...agree?

6. Hey JJ I agree with you. I read in a book a while back from a guy who uses MP that he uses 2 hours for the IB period due to the long hours traded on the currency markets...He said he found it can take longer to determine the range in those markets.

The book was written back in '97 though, so just wanted to see if anyone had any updated info. I just use 2 hours arbitrarily but am always open minded.