Inidicators used in your strategy?

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by deks22, May 12, 2006.

1. Well, in attempt to get the thread back on topic, the indicators you listed Spyer, are those currently what you use to trade in your set-up? Do you look mainly for divergences? What timeframe do you trade on? I assume you swing-trade?

I scalp quick movements, so it doesn't apply, I'm still looking for ideas for later on, for automating a system I have in mind, it will mainly use moving averages, and have programed rules for trade-management which I feel is most important in automated systems to maximize gains and reduce losses.

#51     May 15, 2006
  2. Yes. Two different Settings on The Stochastic Indicator (One for entry and another for exit) and one setting on the MACD Histogram. I do not use the default settings for either. I watch for Volume and Price Break Out after a period of relatively low Volume and inactive Price. I attempt to trade over a period of 4 days (sometimes longer sometimes shorter).

- Spydertrader

#52     May 15, 2006
  3. Now if you had shown the same courtesy and respect to the initial poster (desk22) that you are showing to Spyder I wouldn't have had to bitch slap you... a lesson learnt kid

#53     May 15, 2006
  4. Seems like a pretty solid system. Do you have a group of stocks you trade this system on or scanners and trade anything you see that fits the criteria?

Also, if you don't mind me asking, what is the average win/loss record for that system and how many trades do you usually take in an average day?

Edit:
    But, I'm out tonight, gotta wake up for market, I'll check the thread later on and reply. G'night.

#54     May 15, 2006
  5. I posted each trade throughout my first Journal and provided monthly updates to my P & L. The Final results for one year of trading (the length of Journal One) I attached to the last page of Journal One. The Universe of stocks I trade constantly changes as equities fail to continue to maintain their status and others improve and replace those which have fallen off. I recently posted my current Universe of Stocks to Journal Two. I add any qualifying equity on a daily basis (should any qualify) and delete any stock failing to maintain their status at the end of each month. I have described the process in great detail (from Universe selection to entry and exit criteria) throughout Journals One and Two.

- Spydertrader

#55     May 15, 2006
  6. Very nice results!

*Ok, now i'm going to sleep*

Keep up the great work!

#56     May 15, 2006