Inidicators used in your strategy?

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by deks22, May 12, 2006.

1. jerryz

jerryz

lol just like i thought. sure wish the experts can back their words with their track record and the amount of capital they manage.

#31     May 14, 2006
  2. tsganngalt

Indicators other than price are in my opinion (experience and educated from actual mkt battles) are generally useless. Mkt Depth is useless also for me. Maybe we need to understand that i do not trade stocks, i trade the futures only, that is also narrowed down to just one instrument, the ES. I have in the past traded stocks, commodities also, on the phone and online. Volume is another indicator many swear as useful, i casually look BACK on volume after the fact. Example: if the mkt has retraced for about 30 minutes and i am using 5 min charts, i see the retrace in price, then i casually might see if the volume has slowed during the past 1/2 hour, i might conclude that volume being less than the runup during the leg that indeed this is nothing more than a normal retrace, so i (should) look to get back in. (I say should because i have missed that boat lately after pulling some nice handles). trading is never going to be perfection. LOL

So, not really saying you are wrong in saying that TA is second string useful, just saying ( at least for me) fundamentals (even enhanced cocktail party versions) are basically useless for a day trader like me.

NOW, do i understand and have a handle on mkt macro economics? Well sure, that is part of the trading game, like a giant chess game, like poker etc.

Systems have worked for some in the mkts. Number crunching in my opinion is entirely useless, you can better believe with computer power these days all algorithms etc have been crunched to death and the mkt still stands.

Over optimization is a flaw of many systems guys, they look backwards and fail in most cases to look forward. there is value in systems byt again they have not provided answers, the MKT still is standing tall.

Thks. have a fine Mothers Day. Good trading to all, especially me. ...:) :cool:

#32     May 14, 2006
  3. We're really not talking from a system development/trading standpoint... :(

But I hope we have an understanding and we all know that I wasn't confused.

#33     May 14, 2006
  4. :confused:

Can someone explain to me, what this is about?

#34     May 14, 2006
  5. Ridiculous interpretation by an obviously frustrated trader

#35     May 14, 2006
  6. lol, ok... well, while I'm trading this week and making me consistent money, you can pretend to think I'm frustrated, I'm sorry I don't sugar coat my replies.

I love life, I love trading, It's all good!!!

So get the stick out of your ass, and grow up and be a trader already!

I can't wait until tomorrow!!!

Oh, btw, use some common sense in your replies, because you just made yourself look like an idiot with that post, I can't control stupid, but I can point it out for sure :)

Now I'm going to get back to reading and celebrating life.

#36     May 14, 2006
  7. rcj

rcj

Here ... this works pretty good with the DOW .....

#37     May 14, 2006
  8. rcj

rcj

And .... even better .... this one is the real killer
    for shorting ..... works evey time.

Also a must have for option traders.

#38     May 14, 2006
  9. Ahhh yes, the consumate "internet" professional with nothing better to do than post here... understood sport ;)

#39     May 15, 2006
  10. Thanks for understanding :) Much appreciated, I have nothing but respect for those that show it, but assholes get nothing in life.

I will just laugh at you, then ignore you, then resume life as I've got to top a personal best set on friday this week, and I am thinking I will do it.

Too bad this past friday and saturday I was at the clubs here in VA Beach, awesome stuff, if that isn't better than posting on a message board, I don't know what is :D

I love how idiots love to take a post off-topic like they do. Like i said, I can't solve stupidity, but I can point it out.

Anyways, hopefully the OP finds what he is looking for, but I still say you shouldn't rely on indicators.

#40     May 15, 2006