ING offering 2 year CD @ 4%

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Trend Fader, Jul 17, 2005.

1. Remiraz

Remiraz

Oh I see. The risk is when the bank defaults right? Yes, the 1% extra might not be worth it without FDIC.

#31     Jul 18, 2005
  2. Remiraz

Remiraz

Hmmm...I for one would choose to retire peacefully with 3-5% p.a. insured by the FDIC than spend time worrying with Stocks.

#32     Jul 18, 2005
  3. fwiw I see the actual home mortgage lending terms from banks from all over as well as the closing costs and efficiency of the mortgage departments. ING was among the best I've ever seen in all areas. Right up there with private banking outfits for rich folks.

The borrower didn't speak english well. I gathered he had a modest portfolio of some kind with them and that's how he got connected for a home loan.

Geo.

#33     Jul 18, 2005
  4. #34     Jul 18, 2005
  5. I have well over $1 mill and I wouldn't pay anyone to manage my money.

How do you think I got the money?

I am 45 and could retire with $10-12k per month in income, but when you like to travel first class and live richly, you need more so I still trade.

#35     Jul 18, 2005

6. Their is a time to be in fixed and their is a time to be in equities. With the recent terrorist events CDS are a great place to park cash. If equities crumble, and wall street starts to hate them again like the did in late 2003 right at the bottom, sure buy some good companies.

#36     Jul 18, 2005