Information on Series 3 Exam

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by jmoris, Dec 7, 2004.

1. i easily passed the test 12 years ago, but i did study.

anyone willing to email or fax to me a recent practice exam from current study materials.

i was hoping if i could take a current practice exam, and still get the required 70% minimum, then that would be a good enough barometer as to whether i can just go take my exam asap without any current study (or in my case i don't want to rely on studying my exam material which is 15 yrs old).

i need to take it now and have already paid my $75 and have my 120 day window. but nfa says if you don't get the 70% you have to pay again and wait 30 days

anyone out there kind enough to fax or email me something current

thanks

#11     Dec 9, 2004
  2. qazmax

qazmax

Without a doubt the material on the exam is honest and easy to learn, unlike say the 10 or 55. most people score higher on this test than the others.

But many people have trouble with the time limit on this test. You might get 3 or 4 True/False questions in a row and then a question that takes 10 minutes to do the math. Get stuck on the long questions and time runs out quick.

So watch the clock...

Good luck.

:)

#12     Dec 9, 2004
  3. anyone got a current practice test/exam?

anyone got an idea how to get a current exam...short of calling a series 3 exam vendor and telling them i don't want to pay for their material; that i just want their exam to see how close i can come to passing w/out studying?

#13     Dec 13, 2004
  4. Truff

Truff

if you want just 1 exam, i could probably hook that up. Let me know

#14     Dec 13, 2004
  5. if you want just 1 exam, i could probably hook that up. Let me know

Truff,

I tried to email you via ET but I'm not sure if you recvd. I would appreciate an exam if you can provide a current one. how would you like to send?
    fax [914-345-4965]
    or
    email [jbryant@fmtinv.com]?

thanks

#15     Dec 22, 2004
  6. Truff

Truff

i'll fax it to you thursday morning

#16     Dec 22, 2004
  7. R1234

R1234

I went to the NFA site looking for how to register for the series 3 exam. It said to go to the NASD website where I found something called form U-10. Is this the thing that needs to be filled out?

on U-10, Question 2 asks for company info. I intend to pass the series 3 and just park it for a while. What should I put in the company info - there is no company yet

#17     Oct 30, 2006
  8. ktm

ktm

You can leave that blank. There is no company sponsorship needed for the series 3.

#18     Oct 30, 2006
  9. R1234

R1234

Can I bring a calculator?
    Is the test computer based or paper?

And, for study purposes is it sufficient if I get a book? Or is it recommended to have some sort of electronic study/practice such as cd-rom or online course?

#19     Nov 10, 2006
  10. Yes you can have a calculator and just a study book is fine. As long as you have practice tests in the study book.

#20     Nov 10, 2006