Information on finding a Direct Access Broker

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by alanrof, Nov 29, 2001.

1. alanrof

alanrof

Hello,

I been a short term trader for the past year. I would like to go from the online broker that I'm using to a direct access broker. Where can I get information on the different direct access brokers, like surveys and ratings.

If anyone who is using Terra Nova Online, can you please tell me how do you like their tech support. I have a neighbor who used MB Trading and he told me that their support was terrible. I heard that Terra Nova Online and MB trading merged. Are there any differences between the two. Thank You

Regards.

Alan

2. mjt

mjt

Click on the link at the top of this page that says 'brokers'. You will get a list of most direct access brokers with ratings by people who frequent this site. (Terra Nova Online has 8 reviews, so that should help)

3. You're slightly confused. MB-Trading always had the best customer service and support. It didn't merge with TerraNova, it was always a branch of TerraNova and has changed it's name to TerraNova-MB (in what I still think was one of the dumbest moves in terms of branding/marketing I ever saw, I lost count of the number of ppl who posted similar questions who were obviously confused by the change.)

Now they use the TerraNova-MB name to offer accounts with the RealTick interface, and MB-Trading for accounts using their new MB Navigator trading platform (anybody tried it yet?.)

voodoo

edit: I should add that TerraNova-MB and Cybertrader are considered (by many) to be the best direct access brokers. InteractiveBrokers is an option if you want per share commissions (which are cheap if you are trading small size.)

4. alanrof

alanrof

My neighbor used MB Trading and told me that she had a problem with support. It was only two times and she told me that the person didn't know how to help her and got annoyed at her. I called up MB trading and Terra Nova Online today and both were very helpful. I never used MB Trading or any other Direct Access Broker before.

Who do you use? Do you use RealTIck instead of the MB navigator. Thanks for the reply.

Alan

5. Turok

Turok

>My neighbor used MB Trading and told me that
    >she had a problem with support.

Unlike voodoo, I'm not going to call you confused because anyone can have a bad experience. I have used MB for almost a year now (they are my backup broker) and have found their customer service to be the best I have ever experienced.

I trade with IB as primary because the fills I get are slighty faster than on RT and the prices are dramatically lower for my trading style.

JB

6. zxcv1fu

zxcv1fu

7. edit: I should add that TerraNova-MB and Cybertrader are considered (by many) to be the best direct access brokers. InteractiveBrokers is an option if you want per share commissions (which are cheap if you are trading small size.)

I'd say IB is superior to Cybertrader or MBT for daytrading unless your a heavy scalper(50+ tickets per day) in multiple issues throughout the day.

imho:cool:

8. Unlike voodoo, I'm not going to call you confused because anyone can have a bad experience.

Apologies to alanrof. I was referring to the name change. No offence meant.

I trade with IB as primary because the fills I get are slighty faster than on RT...

The fills are faster on IB for the same execution route?

voodoo

ps. I used to trade with TerraNova-MB using RealTick, switching to IB to trade futures.

edit: See this thread: http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2449