Infomercial?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by EqtTrdr, Apr 19, 2003.

1. gms

gms

I once met someone who was an editor in one of those "salesman opportunity" type magazines and we laughingly discussed those full page ads where the guy is pictured in front of a rolls royce parked in the driveway of a huge house, and the ad copy is always something like "I was broke, about to foreclose, in debt, then one morning I woke up, a simple idea, so easy, wrote 3 letters and within one week my mailbox was filled with cash." Then they sell you a booklet that contains a plan you'll never be able to follow in reality, basic common sense like 'buy low and sell high' or ideas that work only in a perfect world.

They're all hucksters. The picture is staged. Not a word is true, and - this is real good - none of those hucksters made money with the ad.

Wannbe hucksters see those ads, think that the people running the ads are making a small fortune, then make up their own scheme. What they don't realize is that it costs so much to continually run those ads and have the ability to fufill any orders, that you'd have to sell the booklet for so much money that it would be cost prohibitive and hardly anyone would buy it. So, they market the booklets for $10 or so, but the ads never attract so much volume that the advertising and printing costs are covered and the profits roll in.

Have to figure it's the same set of circumstances facing certain gurus.

#31     Apr 21, 2003
  2. to brandonf............

HA HA HA U WORKED WITH TEACH ME TO TRADE ? ???

HAHAHAHAH AHHA FROM NOW ON, NOTHING U SAY WILL BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY IN MY EYES.
    YOUR WORDS NOW WILL BE VIEWED AS STRICTLY B.S. !!

HA HA HAHA TEACH ME TO TRADE HA HA HA HAHAHAA

:D :D :D :D :D

#32     Apr 21, 2003
  3. Yeah yeah yeah.... Seen a few of those too LOL

Natalie :)

#33     Apr 21, 2003
  4. What about Wade Cook? I use to hear his shill job on the drive home lat at night and it sounded so easy....His favorite stock was Motorola..."I noticed that it consistently goes from 50.oo to 80.oo and then comes back...so i buy calls then sell puts":D :D

#34     Apr 21, 2003
  5. I made 5 million using Wade Cooks methods. You should have bought the books and used the materials wisely.

OK, back to my yacht now.

#35     Apr 22, 2003
  6. William J McKorkle, he was a riot. He told his story, about how he was a poor boy, then rose to the top. His wife was hottie in the infomercials (wasn't it Chantel?). Remember his private island?

"Using William J McKorkles system, I made $20,000 in my first month. William puts up all the money and I go out and find the deals. Thanks William!"

#36     Apr 22, 2003
  7. #37     Apr 24, 2003