Info On Velocity Futures

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by chiproptrader, Aug 29, 2005.

1. I am looking into doing some part time trading from home.
    I am looking at paying close to $6/RT for the ER2 with no trading platform fee for TT.

Is this an OK deal, or are there better offers out there.
    If so , where should I look.

Thanks

2. $6/RT is fine for any broker, as long as you are not too active intraday... if you are are doing a high trading frequency, you must look for better deals, particularly when you up your size, since low commissions are a major edge with scalping (personally, I have grown out of the scalping game, since my days as a Nasdaq scalper -- but its a good, low risk game for young and energetic traders)... if you are only doing a handful of trades a day with a 1 lot, the $6/RT is pretty standard...

Start with 1 contract and stay with 1 contract until you have netted at least 3 positive months (anything above $0, three months in a row, after subtracting commissions, feed costs, and other trading costs)... if you find you are doing upwards of 10 trades a day, once you have hit consistency, then the commissions are probably on the high side...

Personally, I am a low frequency intraday index futures trader, so commissions do not factor into my bottomline in any significant way...

3. Thanks
    candletrader

4. candletrader

do you have any suggestions on reading materials/books on candle sticks?

5. Although my handle is candletrader, I simply represent price using candles and don't actually trade from their formations (although I will always consider whether a formation adds or subtracts from the probability of my trade)... having said that, I do have few books devoted to candlesticks in my pretty large (200+ books) trading library...

Nison is always a good starting point:
    http://www.elitetrader.com/bo/index.cfm?action=view&B_ID=20&CatID=3

You will find plenty of relevant threads and many candlestick traders in the technical analysis forum:
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=33

6. candletrader

do you have any suggestions on reading materials/books on candle sticks?

7. milstar

milstar

4.5 $ with no volume limitation by mbtrading.com

8. I believe he's looking for TT's X_Trader. Velocity is a good shop.

9. milstar

milstar

Different companies offer 3-3.5$ per rt ,Xtrader ,500$ margin for e-mini ,2500-5000$ account but for active trader .
    eminilocal,globalfuture ,velocity &

without "o" volume and 4.5 $ per RT only MBtrading

10. What are the office hours?

#10     Aug 30, 2005