"Inflation Will Run Amok", DiMartino Booth Says "Gold Is The Ultimate Hiding Place"

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Altavest_Erik, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Buy shares in anything related to old age and death, THAT is your safe haven for the next decade with the US demographic as it is.

Buy shares in anything that is a cheap luxury. It sells in the good times and it sells in the bad times. When glossy magazines took a hit in 2008 sales in the other Woman's bla bla cheap titles rose. Any equivalent of this is a safe haven.

ElectricSavant likes this.
  2. In the 2008 decline, gold lost about -35%. Better than equities in general, but still. Gold miners lost -80% during the same time.

Saying, "This time it will be different. Gold will soar instead of going down with the markets"?

3. treeman

treeman

If you believe inflation is going to run amok, short bonds.

4. Sig

Sig

It's funny, inflation has been about to "run amok" since 2009, these same folks have been dead certain about it. I guess a stopped clock is right twice a day, at least if it's an old analog one. But if one had bought gold or shorted bonds the first day they claimed this you'd not only have missed a big bull market but have lost a big chunk of change. Don't forget, "The Market Can Remain Irrational Longer Than You Can Remain Solvent"

5. Agreed. This has been going on for a long time. It's almost painful to watch people like Peter Schiff talk about gold exploding soon. I agree with him, but dang, it's been like over 7 years. Personally, I wouldn't be able to say the words anymore.

6. dozu888

dozu888

gold is the ultimate dumb money trap right now, followed by bitcoin.

Money Trust likes this.
  7. clacy

clacy

Here is a great chart, and only represents a small sample of predictions.......

[​IMG]

comagnum, sle and Sig like this.
  8. sle

sle

Det er vanskeligt at spaa, især naar det gælder Fremtiden.
    -- Danish proverb

9. dealmaker

dealmaker

She has been hanging out with James Rickards, she got the bug...

#10     Aug 30, 2018