Inflation? What inflation? Let's look at facts.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Kassz007, Nov 17, 2010.

1. I am a supporter of the Conservative government of Canada, but am hardly a bureaucrat. I work in the private sector and am well educated, but would hardly call myself an "academic"...

I don't promote perpetual monetary stimulus, only enough to avoid deflation. Because yes, deflation is evil.

#41     Nov 18, 2010
  2. No sir, you are wrong, inflation is evil.

#42     Nov 18, 2010
  3. zdreg

zdreg

"deflation is evil." why don't you present proof?
    the fact that the liberal media and liberal economists and most politicians believe it makes it prima facies doubtful.

#43     Nov 18, 2010
  4. sjfan

sjfan

Have you read about the deflationary panics of the 19th century? They were absolutely crippling.

#44     Nov 18, 2010
  5. High inflation is evil as well. Low inflation is ideal.

#45     Nov 18, 2010
  6. Proof? There is an entire decade of proof. It's called the Great Depression and it occured in the 1930's.

#46     Nov 18, 2010
  7. zdreg

zdreg

ideal is whatever is necessary to take out the excesses ie bubbles of the business cycle. most bubbles in the 20th century were caused by governments interfering with market forces. goverments ie fiat money and legislation are continuing to creating bubbles which will end in an economic collapse. giving market forces time to work is the solution. politicians looking at the next election will not allow it. you can expect bigger bubbles and then bigger busts as market forces take over.
    read the economic history of South America or from Zimbabwae to see what gov't interference creates.

#47     Nov 18, 2010
  8. zdreg

zdreg

that is not proof since policies of governments worldwide prolonged the depression.

#48     Nov 18, 2010
  9. zdreg

zdreg

correct but recovery came after the excesses in the system were washed out. excesses in advanced modern economies are not allowed to be washed out. the bubbles became greater. the inevitable bust will be much worse and will last much longer.

#49     Nov 18, 2010
  10. Food costs
    Healthcare costs
    Tuition costs
    Housing costs
    Property taxes
    Utility costs

to name a few

#50     Nov 18, 2010