Inflation - Prices are going up!

Discussion in 'Economics' started by kmiklas, Jul 22, 2019.

1. kmiklas

kmiklas

- my local pub just raised the price on a pint of Golden from
    $4 to $6.
    - My barber just jacked up her price from $15 to $20 for a men’s haircut
    - A local lunch buffet just raised their price from $9 to $10.

I know that it’s absurd to extrapolate inflationary trends from local price increases... but... Eek!

2. bookish

bookish

Confirmed. I've noticed the same thing. 50% price increases not uncommon.

View this:

http://www.deagel.com/country/forecast.aspx

You can't expect an economy based on theft and eating children to last forever.

3. Let it suffice to say that the old prices you quoted are years behind. This is not any indicator of inflation but merely a catching up to today's prices. Not sure where you are living but where I live a buffet priced at 10 dollars would most likely induce food poisoning or instant death.

ElCubano and Clubber Lang like this.
  4. ANOTHER CRISIS IS COMING BRO BUY AND HOLD CRYPTO IT WILL SAVE US AND THE RUSSIA MOTHER WILL KILL THEM ALL:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Arriba España

5. fan27

fan27

Come visit in Florida. For $12 we can go to a top notch Indian food buffet. My treat :)

6. I may take you up on that, beers on me. I might be in the Keys early next year for a 1 week fishing trip with my brother. Currently trying to figure out good boat rentals to fish offshore.

fan27 likes this.
  7. Trump wants the Fed to cut rates partly because "there's no inflation".

Anyone with half a brain and not lying to promote a political agenda knows what a crock that is.

Prices are up a LOT all over, but of course the government "reworks" the inflation input items and the numbers to present whatever picture they please.

:(

kmiklas, birdman, zdreg and 1 other person like this.
  8. R1234

R1234

get ready for stagflation 1970's style

9. You have been singing the same tune for years, re US, nothing other than education is going up. Phone, mobile, cable, internet bills are all coming down, subscription rates are coming down, rents in most cities are very affordable, interest on all products are as low as it gets, food baskets are not getting pricier. Not sure what you are talking about.

10. R1234

R1234

Lol what planet are you from????

#10     Jul 23, 2019
    murray t turtle likes this.