Inflation out of control

Discussion in 'Economics' started by detective, Feb 19, 2008.

1. Yes, because you do not know what inflation means. Commodity prices rising is neither sufficient nor necessary for inflation.

Bill

#11     Feb 19, 2008
  2. You sound like the same CLOWN who's Chairman of the Fed.

Ok, I'll bite. I'll concede there's nothing inflationary about 900 gold, 12 Wheat, 100 Oil.

How about Phil Mickelson earning over 1mil in winning the L.A. Open.

Or Johan Santana's contract with the Met's. Or Super Bowl ads in the midst of the "global slowdown" going for a record 2.6mil for 30 seconds.

Of course you're right. There's no inflation.

#12     Feb 19, 2008
  3. The fed and the goverment should have let the markets sort this out. They should have let the markets drop and keep dropping.

Then commodity prices would have corrected, instead we are going to have alot of inflation, the goverment will try to hide it with their phoney numbers.

#13     Feb 19, 2008
  4. bgp

bgp

exactly.

bgp

#14     Feb 19, 2008
  5. gnome

gnome

And lets not forget the 10 times per day, minimum that the Talking Heads, Feds, Paulson et al tell us, "don't worry, be happy... inflation is only 2%"... or "inflation is not a problem", or "inflation is under control", or "inflation looks to moderate going forward"....

Gotta say, they REALLY piss me off! They do one wrong, greedy thing after another.. then LIE through their farkin' teeth!

And we're supposed to elect a new "leader" come November? Pass me the PUKE bucket!

#15     Feb 19, 2008
  6. The Fed and Treasury talk about inflation being just 2% sounds a lot like Snow and Paulson's strong dollar policy. What idiot believes what these clowns say? They are feeding the masses what they want, no one wants to hear that their dollars are getting debased on a daily basis.

#16     Feb 19, 2008
  7. The low USD has masked the true effect of high commodity prices.

But that relationship can't last forever and soon we will probably notice the breakup.

#17     Feb 19, 2008
  8. Fangdog

Fangdog

Stop subsidizing illegal immigrants and it would make what we spend on wars seem like peanuts by comparison.

#18     Feb 19, 2008
  9. S2007S

S2007S

You are not the only one, I agree that inflation is very out of control, but of course the federal reserve thinks inflation is just right, just like the housing market back in 2006.

#19     Feb 19, 2008
  10. gnome

gnome

I doubt the Fed "thinks inflation is just right"..

My bet is that they KNOW they're being very bad about inflation, but LYING about it at every turn.

#20     Feb 19, 2008